Kitchen Manager needed for fast-casual Indian-fusion Restaurant
We are a growing Bay Area company that offers Indian-fusion cuisine in a fast-casual setting. We have multiple regional locations and are growing beyond the Bay Area. All locations embrace the colorful energy of Indian market streets. Our target market is young and energetic.
Kitchen Manager Requirements:
- At least 3 years in a kitchen leadership role as a Sous Chef or Kitchen Manager or better
- Volume experience of at least $3M
- 5 years of industry experience
- Familiarity with a wide range of cuisines, ingredients, and cooking styles, including but not limited to Indian Fusion
- This is a hands-on position
- Oversee the restaurant's kitchen, including food preparation, ordering, staffing, training, organization, maintenance, maintaining food & labor costs, and adhering to the highest food quality & safety standards
- Experience with scheduling, supervision, and ongoing culinary training and development
- Roll out menu and recipe changes
- Train both front and back of the house on menu items
- Kitchen safety and health compliance, audits, and inspections
- Flexible style to be able to work well within a growing company
- Strong communication skills in both English and Spanish
- Proficiency in Google Drive and Microsoft Office
- ServSafe Manager
- High energy, passion, and an understanding of the millennial target market
- Culinary education and/or comparable mentorship
- Authorized to work permanent, full-time in the U.S.
What's in it for you?
- An opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a growing company with big plans
- Base salary of $55,000 to $65,000, depending on background and experience, paid hourly based on 45 hours (if you work 50-hours you'll earn more)
- Bonus, health benefits, and paid time off