- Provide clerical, administrative and staff support to the Engineering Department, with particular attention to retention and maintenance of technical data and document control.
- Perform document scanning with entry into electronic storage system to maintain and organize engineering documents as part of the document release process.
- Input and maintain data in the Engineering Data Base to enter and maintain part number information as part of the document release process.
- Make copies of documents and drawings and distribute as necessary.
- Scan original documents and drawings and move into electronic storage system.
- Perform data entry into Engineering Data Base by entering/maintaining data associated with each part number.
- Perform data entry into Engineering Data Base by entering/maintaining data associated with Bill of Materials (BOMs) from drawings and part lists.
- Copy and distribute documents and drawings to the organization.
- Secure ownership of engineering files within the Engineering Data Base.
- Review and update soft and hard copies of technical documents maintained in the Engineering Data Base that are available online from Information Handling System (IHS).
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Previous experience scanning and processing documents for electronic storage desired.
- Previous experience with data entry into data base by entering/maintaining data associated with individual part numbers and Bill of Materials (BOMs) desired.
- Ability to read engineering documents with capability of transferring information into the data base quickly and accurately required.
- Personal Computer literate.
- Requires quick and accurate data entry skills and productive with word processing and spreadsheets (Word, Excel).