Currently, we are seeking an Electrical Engineer to support Sustaining Engineering. This position has the potential to move to a management/leadership opportunity over the next 2 years.
Our ideal candidate will be part of the Sustaining Engineering technical team, which consist of other Electronic Engineers, a technician and a PWB designer. You will be assigned a product line to support. All members of the team are expected to lend assistance to the other members, in helping to resolve technical issues. Each engineer is the lead technical engineer for the product line or lines they support, and responsible for addressing all issues associated with the product line.
KEEP READING IF:
- You are an innovative, creative, a “ hands-on” electronic engineer with a passion for solving technical problems.
- You are an undaunted individual that can develop more than one possible solution to any technical problem.
- You are an excellent communicator with strong verbal and writing skills, and a good negotiator.
- You possess solid leadership skills, with qualities that engender trust and respect from others.
- Responsibilities and Duties
AT THE 6 MONTH MARK:
- You will be interacting with manufacturing, document control and quality to address production problems for the assigned product. This means that you will have a good understanding of the strengths and limitations of the product line.
- As the lead engineer of the assigned product line you will be responsible for leading the design effort of new revisions to the product line.
- You will be expected to be well within the implementation phase of the project, and leading its day-to-day activities.
- You will provide technical advice to other engineers within the group when requested.
AT THE 12 MONTH MARK:
- You are expected to have a very comfortable understanding and application of the HART protocol.
- You are expected to be in the final stages of production releasing the new assigned product line.
- You are expected to be completely comfortable with the use of the HART tools for both development and HART compliance testing.
- You are expected to provide technical advice and when requested provide to less experienced engineers within the group.
- AS our ideal candidate you will show exceptional organizational skills to successfully demonstrate the ability to:
- Design the electronics for instrumentation type devices, from the power supply circuits to low level, stable and low noise signal amplifiers.
- Work in a lab using various types of test equipment.
- Design digital circuits; from microprocessor circuits to different digital interface ports like USB, RS485, H1, FSK, etc.
- Take products from idea to manufacturing using Design for manufacturing techniques.
Have a demonstrated track record of completing project within budget and on time.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- As the ideal candidate you will have the following education, prior experience and skills:
- BSEE 5 or more years of progressive work experience in designing analog, digital circuits and some embedded software, or MSEE with 3-5 years of progressive experience in designing analog and digital circuits and some experience in designing embedded software
- Strong Knowledge of circuit and software design tools for the development of embedded application
- Able to design products that can be manufactured with multiple-configuration options
- Solid experience in the design of serial communication interfaces such as USB and RS485
- Solid experience in preparing manufacturing work instructions, and excellent documentation skills
- Experience of rigorous attention to detail with focus on robustness, cost efficiency and quality of products
- Strong passion for working with technology and must have the excitement for creating high quality complex process control instruments
- Experience with the use of schematics and drawings, perform modifications and complete rework to new and used subassemblies and circuit analysis programs
- Able to use oscilloscopes, digital multimeters, system analyzers and in-circuit emulators
- Quick learner
- Possess leadership traits and capabilities
- Knowledge in the use of different operating systems like Linux
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Hands on use of lab test equipment
- Strong ability to interact with peers and cross functional groups
- Ability to provide mentoring and assistance to the new engineers
BENEFITS AND PERKS
Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, life insurance, sick leave, vacation, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and professional development.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stoop, reach, stand, walk, lift, pull, push, grasp, climb, talk, hear, see and use complex repetitive motions. May infrequently lift and or move at least 10 pounds of materials, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in the job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of duties performed by this position. Additional duties may be assigned by the Supervisor or his/her designee.
These duties may be modified or changed at any time at the sole discretion of management either orally or in writing. The above statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.