OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
Candidates who do not have direct experience writing unique social media captions for a brand’s channels will not be considered.
Looking for a proactive, organized, fast-acting Manager/ Assistant Manager of Social Media to own channel management for all brand-owned social media properties. This ideal candiate should have experience defining and translating a brand’s tone of voice via unique copy on social channels. S/he will have experience in skincare, health/wellness or beauty, live and breath social media, and understand general marketing nuances as well as specific channel nuances.
COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT (60%):
- Community management:
- Serve as voice of brand social media community engaging with social interactions (commenting, liking, RTing, etc.)
- Grow social media channels executing key tactics to increase community size organically while also increasing interactions, reach and engagement rate.
- Respond to all comments, posts and inquiries within 2 hours on workdays, 24 hours on weekends and holidays. Determine coverage plan when on non-holiday PTO.
- Closely monitor all social channels to respond and engage with all interactions (positive, negative, neutral) thoughtfully, mirroring brand voice.
- Collaborate with Customer Service to create unique, un-templated, informational responses, address negative inquiries and improve customer experience. Determine when to elevate and report back.
- Proactively seek out opportunities for brands to engage in conversations.
- Own scheduling and posting of all content on social channels.
- Sharing user content:
- Identify UGC to repost/regram on Instagram, Instagram Stories and Twitter regularly, laddering up to social platform cadence.
- Manage all “Live” posting determining frequent opportunities for Instagram Stories, IGTV, and Facebook/Instagram Live.
- Frequently and opportunistically post to Instagram stories sharing live in-person opportunities, press hits, relevant articles, re-posting stories with @mentions, etc.
CONTENT CREATION (30%):
- Manage monthly content calendars and internal calendar approvals for owned social media platforms including: Instagram, Instagram Stories, Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter
- Schedule all content in advance (goal 2-4 weeks ahead), laddering up to social media platform cadence as indicated by social strategy.
- Create unique, accurate, grammatically-correct written copy tailored for each unique social media platform based on optimal character counts (headlines, descriptions, etc.), caption formatting nuances (hashtags, line breaks, etc.), varying audience engagement, and platform communication priorities.
- Translate brand tone and apply provided marketing materials, product decriptions and campaign briefs to social media copy
- Display brand mastery of product, technology, regimens, industry through written copy
- Vary captions and posting date by platform to post unique content on each platform, giving the consumer a reason to follow everywhere
- Provide copy for approval from manager 2 weeks in advance of the start of the month
- Own visual content and graphics for all social media platforms including: Instagram, Instagram Stories, Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter
- Partner with creative AOR and freelancers for optimal content output, collaborating with internal departments to determine content synergies and overlap
- Evergreen Content Management:
- Manage monthly photoshoots with freelance photographer on site
- Create monthly shotlists and moodboards with specific product names and shots prior to monthly shoots
- Ladder all creative execution up to brand voice, brand tone, and product/platform visual strategy
- Manage internal approvals prior to posting live
- Create content on the fly, adapting to dynamic calendars and supporting key initiatives
- Some hands-on photography required
- Campaign Support (as needed):
- Support in the development and execution of new product launch activations
- Assist in campaign photoshoots and content accrual
- Contribute to mood boards and shot lists
- Manage pre-pro: bring product and props to site, and be on-site to help prep product and shots
- Manage approvals with department lead, head of marketing and CEO (when needed):
- Finalizing shot lists (after concept is determined, before shoot)
- Final selects (make recommendations, and get alignment from key stakeholders)
- Final edits (circulate amongst key stakeholders)
REPORTING & TOOLS (5%)
- Strong familiarity with Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, and any emerging platforms.
- Download and analyze raw data from social media platforms and SMM tools (Curalate and native platforms – Facebook, Twitter, YouTube)
- Create bi-weekly reports for Activation meeting to determine best performing content (campaign and evergreen)
- Provide channel analysis for Tengram Monthly Reporting Package to manager by the 12th of each month
- Assist in the creation of slides and reporting documents for department lead as needed
- Assist in the evaluation and recommendation of SMM tools and vendors
- Place product orders from warehouse for in-house and agency replenishment.
- Order and track inventory necessary for photoshoots and giveaways, staying within budget alongside Relationship Marketing Specialist.
- Assemble and send out packages to support team.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- OBSESSED WITH POSTING ON SOCIAL MEDIA!!
- 2-3 years’ experience working in social media for a brand.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A great attitude! The ideal candidate will come with the desire to learn, and be solution-oriented.
- Must be focused, incredibly organized, and show excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent writing, editing (photo/video/text), and communication skills.
- Comfortability with all social channels.
- Working knowledge of SMM tools.
- Experience with a professional camera, briefing in creative and/or managing video production a plus.
- Work experience in the skincare or wellness industry is a plus; a passion for social media and skincare a must!
- Candidates may be required to take a writing proficiency test.
NO AGENCIES OR THIRD PARTIES