Warren, Michigan - d Diversified Services
The Assistant Controller reports to the Corporate Controller. The Assistant Controller has primary responsibility for transactional-related activities of the accounting department for three small companies which are tightly related to the corporate company. These responsibilities include the accuracy and maintenance of transaction sub-ledgers, the general ledger, financial statements, and accounting system. The Assistant Controller will support the Corporate Controller with the parent company financials as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
The Assistant Controller will be responsible for the following relating to the three small companies:
- Responsible for the accounts payable and general ledger processes and staff.
- Verifies and posts details of business transactions, such as funds received and disbursed, and totals accounts to ledgers or computer spreadsheets and databases.
- Reconciles bank statements, works with company credit cards and expense reports.
- Monitors accounts payable to ensure that payments are up to date.
- Analyzes accounting records, including general ledger accounts, to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to standards defined within the department.
- Reconciles and recommends resolution for report discrepancies and problems.
- Coordinates and prepares pertinent information for external accounting firm and auditors along with the Corporate Controller.
- Codes data for input to financial systems according to company’s procedures.
- Performs a subset of daily cash management functions.
- Recommends modifications to existing corporate financial programs.
- Monitors and reports financial progress regarding various programs and activities (Cap ex, spending vs. budgets, etc.).
- Reviews and oversees financial reports completed by outside accounting firms for the 2 international companies.
- Prepares reports required by regulatory agencies such as payroll, sales and use tax returns and other statutory reporting requirements.
- Analyzes and reports cost variances. Conducts financial analysis of projects as requested.
- Establishes accounting policies and procedures and proper controls.
- Help develop and implement better processes for financial reporting.
- Supports Corporate Controller with special projects and workflow process improvements accounting for multiple companies using the different accounting systems.
- Other duties as required by the Corporate Controller including fixed assets and insurance.
- BS./B.A. in Accounting required.
- Three to five years of Accounting experience including general ledger accounting and financial statement reporting.
- Solid background in accounting/tax issues.
- Proven track record in leadership the ability to supervise a team.
- Proficiency in Excel is required.
- CPA beneficial.
Spanish language is beneficial.
- Personal Characteristics
- Ethical/trustworthy individual who can handle highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Forward thinking, self-starter who takes initiative, develops and proposes methodologies and solutions for daily/complex issues.
- Willingness to implement new technologies to improve internal controls and create efficiencies.
- Sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus.
- An intelligent and articulate individual who possesses communication skills and can interact with people at all levels within the organization.
- High level of professionalism with a “big picture” perspective needed, excellent negotiation skills beneficial as this dynamic firm continues to grow.
- Solid character reference.
- Life Insurance
- Paid vacation
Chat with me now! - https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/84875