Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle multiple tasks in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Review project requirements and source materials with the appropriate supplier based on quality, capabilities and price.
- Review quotes with project team and suppliers for potential cost savings through process or design changes.
- Review quotes to ensure they meet the drawing requirements; work through any discrepancies with the supplier and Engineering.
- Attend NPI meetings, plan builds and purchase materials to support the NPI schedule.
- Limit the material liability when making purchases of unique materials and disposition materials when design changes occur.
- Initiate, create and manage contracts with suppliers.
- Review BOM cost and determine where cost can be reduced.
- Consolidate data and create reports to present to peers.
- Represent the Purchasing group during customer visits and calls related to the NPI process.
Education and Experience:
- Must have a Bachelors degree in Economics, Manufacturing, Engineering or other related field and 5-7 years experience buying in a manufacturing environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have knowledge of drawings and specifications.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Requires computers skills including MS Office products. Perficient in Excel including the use of pivot tables, V-Lookups and formulas.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Typical physical effort includes frequent lifting or moving of lightweight to moderately weighted materials
- Ability to sit for extended periods in front of a computer or when using the phone to research parts and negotiate pricing
- Regularly required to sit or stand, walk around, bend, reach and type on a keyboard