Vector is a global, continuously growing engineering company. For over a quarter of a century, we have been at the forefront of electronic innovations within the automotive industry and related sectors. Vector has over 2,000 employees at 24 locations worldwide, supporting manufacturers and suppliers with a professional platform of software and hardware tools, embedded software components, and services for developing embedded systems. Driven by our passion for technology, we develop solutions which relieve engineers of their demanding tasks. Our employees work on tomorrow’s electronic technologies every single day.
We are seeking an enthusiastic Business Development Manager who will focus on supporting Vector’s testing products. These testing products help product development and quality teams improve and automate the testing of their distributed systems and embedded software applications natively as well as on an embedded device.
In this role you will be responsible for identifying and developing business opportunities for our testing products to new and existing customers and working with Account Management to follow those opportunities through to a sale. Typical activities include:
- Through technical discovery meetings, understanding the details of customer/prospects’ systems and software development workflows, and matching those to Vector solutions
- Providing Vector product demonstrations through on-site and web-based meetings
- Expanding sales of Vector products to new and existing accounts
- Proactively initiating customer contact on a regular basis to develop positive, long-term business relationships that maximum customer success ensuring repeat business
- Identifying and facilitating support solutions for Vector’s networking and test tools used by product developers and test engineers
- Qualifying new leads for technical fit; document and recommend approach to technically prove product capabilities in customer environment
- Identifying customer training and consulting opportunities
- Presenting Vector’s comprehensive testing solution at industry and Vector events
- Effectively managing internal resources for quoting, issue resolution, customer satisfaction, and product deliveries
- Acting as a Testing Expert providing market and customer feedback to internal marketing and engineering teams
- A good mix of both technical and sales experience
- Experience using/implementing networking standards such as CAN, CAN FD, J1939, LIN, MOST, Ethernet, FlexRay, AUTOSAR
- Previous experience with Vector tools (CANalyzer, CANoe, VectorCAST, Data Loggers, VT System) is desirable
- Experience developing embedded software in C or C++
- Experience with ISO 26262 or another certification standard
- Thorough understanding of systems and software testing approaches
- Knowledge of OEM/Tier1 automotive ECU development and testing process a plus
- Proven track record developing and closing business opportunities
- Able to translate technical value to business value
- Strong understanding of software build processes
- Experience with real-time operating systems (RTOS) a plus
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Tenacity, persistence, and a win-win attitude
- Willingness to travel
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, or a related field
What we offer you:
- A core business in growing and exciting technologies.
- The atmosphere of a small company with the resources of a global organization with offices in Europe, the Americas, and Asia.
- A privately held enterprise: Our products and strategic direction are based on our customer's needs, not outside investment interests.
- An engineering company run by engineers. If you’re an engineer, we speak your language.
- An 'open-door' environment: Communication with management is simple and direct, no rigid protocol to follow.
- The work-life balance of our employees underlies everything we do at Vector: For instance, we request input on decisions that directly affect our employees, or promote social events open to all employees.
Your passion and creativity is our success! You generate ideas and results, and in return, we provide an attractive, high-tech working environment with a generous benefit package.