Hospitality Design & Construction Project Manager
sbe Lifestyle Hospitality, LOS ANGELES CA
The Development Project Manager will be responsible for the development of new construction or remodels. Delivery of the site and the responsibilities will commence at due diligence through construction. This individual will be the project manager responsible for oversight of engineers, architects and other consultants, budgeting, contract administration, scheduling, and coordination with operations.
It is expected that the Project Manager perform the following tasks :
- Oversee site entitlement and due diligence effort for multiple new construction and remodeling hotel, restaurant, and nightlife projects
- Participate in project scoping and budgeting of remodel projects.
- Manage all aspects of the due diligence process
- Manage all dates and processes within a project to ensure the project progresses as anticipated including but not limited to critical dates within development agreements, leases, purchase agreements, permitting and construction.
- Lead and manage network of engineers, architects and other consultants in guiding each project through its governmental approvals process to obtain all permits/approvals required for a project.
- Manage design consultants in engineering a project within the parameters of the approved site plan, budget, Owner criteria and local codes.
- Manage the bidding process with the design team and approved general contractors.
- Coordinate and support the construction hand-off to the Construction Project Coordinator.
- Communicate project status to project participants and stakeholders throughout the project to ensure critical components are not missed and risks are identified.
· Interacts with the design team in all aspects of the development including:
- Concept and design development
- Ability to review and critique design, design specifications and plans to ensure that documentation is thorough and that drawing sets are coordinated
- Maintaining schedule
- Oversee that all material, finish and FF&E selections fit within the overall budget
- Ensure product durability and appropriateness for use in it’s designated environment
- Manage project budget against development budget, facilitating design management and value-engineering as required
- Participates in design meetings with external consultants
- Ensures implementation of the appropriate brand and design standards
- Ensures quality control on site and works in progress
- Expedites internal approvals
- Act as liaison for design related matters with external consultants (architect, engineers, interior designer)
- Act as liaison between external professional teams implementing design packages from different departments (Operations, Food & Beverage, IT, Marketing etc.)
- Ensures timely and accurate knowledge transfer to local development partners and internal departments
- Oversee field installation and hotel openings
- Day-to-day engagement with project teams throughout the procurement process including: competitive vendor bidding, PO review & approval, shop drawing review, expediting & vendor relations, occasional factory visits and product review
- Prepare & issue RFP's for Interior Designers, Purchasing Agents & Warehousing/Delivery/Installation companies. Manage the proposal, bidding and evaluation processes for each consultant
- Perform other duties as needed; some administrative responsibilities should be expected
Qualifications / Skills
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Interior Design, Engineering, Real Estate Development, or Construction
- Minimum 5 years experience in project management, construction management, owner’s representation, architecture, or interior design
· Ability to manage multiple projects at one time and meet deadlines
· Ability to work well in a team environment
· Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritize responsibilities in order to consistently meet deadlines
· Familiar with commercial construction building codes
· Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project and project management software
· Demonstrated ability to make good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgement
· Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and succinctly to a variety of audiences from Leadership to Team Members
· Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks
- Knowledge of and practical experience with Autocad, sketch-up, BIM software preferred
- Creative sensibility and very strong project management skills. Ability to develop and track project plans and budgets and report progress
- Desire and willingness to travel frequently; should expect to travel up to 50% of the time
- Social person to excel within different countries, customs and cultures
- Excellent organization skills
ABOUT DAKOTA DEVELOPMENT:
Dakota Deveopment is the prolific international real estate subsidiary of sbe. With industry-leading expertise and cutting-edge design partners, Dakota Development has successfully master planned and developed a host of acclaimed projects, from exclusive SLS properties to Hyde hotels and nightlife venues to celebrated restaurants such as Katsuya and Cleo.
Dakota Development was born from the realization that sbe’s design and construction team had a skill set lacking in other hospitality development groups. The Dakota team is responsible for all of the branding, design, construction and project management initiatives for every sbe project. Dakota’s involvement isn’t limited to just sbe’s portfolio—the group consults and assists other developers in taking their own projects to the next level.
Dakota Development adheres to one very straightforward philosophy: Collaborate with industry visionaries to create culturally transcendent properties that become a place of community for generations.
To achieve this philosophy, Dakota Development delivers a suite of unparalleled expertise and partnerships that maximize a property’s design, functionality, technological infrastructure and budget.
AT SBE, WE VIEW HOSPITALITY AS FLUID AND EVER-CHANGING, INFLUENCED BY CULTURE, PREFERENCE AND AN INNATE DESIRE IN US ALL TO ENJOY SOMETHING MEANINGFUL.
With this in mind, we foster a family environment built on values that describe our lifestyle, experiences and how we see the world. This is our model of reality that influences our decisions, how we treat each other, how we take care of our guests and how we create and sustain legendary service.
Established in 2002 by Founder and CEO Sam Nazarian, sbe is a privately-held, leading lifestyle hospitality company that develops, manages and operates award-winning hotels, residences, restaurants and nightclubs. Through exclusive partnerships with cultural visionaries, sbe is devoted to creating extraordinary experiences throughout its proprietary brands with a commitment to authenticity, sophistication, mastery and innovation. Following the acquisition of Morgans Hotel Group, the pioneer of boutique lifestyle hotels, sbe has an unparalleled global portfolio featuring 23 world-class lifestyle hotel properties in 9 attractive gateway markets and more than 136 global world-renowned hotel, entertainment and food & beverage outlets. The company is uniquely positioned to offer a complete lifestyle experience - from nightlife, food & beverage and entertainment to hotels and residences, and through its innovative customer loyalty and rewards program, The Code, as well as its award-winning international real estate development subsidiary, Dakota Development - all of which solidify sbe as the preeminent leader across hospitality. sbe will continue its expansion with 13 hotel properties opening in the next two years (some with residences), including the SLS Park Avenue, SLS Seattle, Mondrian Doha and Mondrian Dubai. The company's established and upcoming hotel brands include SLS Hotel & Residences, Delano, Mondrian, Redbury, Hyde Hotel & Residences, Clift, Hudson, Morgans, Royalton, Sanderson and St Martins Lane. In addition, sbe has the following international acclaimed restaurants and lounges: Katsuya, Cleo, The Bazaar by José Andrés, Fi'lia by Michael Schwartz, Umami Burger, Hyde Lounge and Skybar.