The Product Manager is responsible for managing one or more products using full-life-cycle product management practices to deliver high quality technology solutions. The position is responsible for the creation and management of product plans, overall product budget management, day-to-day product oversight, leadership of the product team to meet product milestones, escalation of issues and accurate reporting of product status. Products may be enhancements to existing applications, custom-developed applications, implementation of packaged software or infrastructure projects.
- Partner closely with the project sponsor and other business stakeholders to define product parameters including scope, business benefits, business requirements, product approach, budget and schedule.
- Develop and maintain project plans for multiple product tracks.
- Lead the definition of requirements and technical specifications for assigned products.
- Coordinate the process of selecting any required technology vendor partners.
- Review and manage all changes to the project scope through a formally defined change process.
- Develop conversion, implementation and contingency plans for assigned products.
- Oversee the preparation and execution of system and acceptance test plans for assigned products.
- Monitor progress of product activities to ensure milestones are completed on time and review product deliverables for quality and completeness.
- Manage any outside vendors and consultants assigned to the product. Ensure contractual obligations are met.
- Actively pursue issue resolution, and communicate product status/issues to business stakeholders and operational management.
- Provide for training and documentation (online help, training material) for business staff and management on usage of new systems and large enhancements.
- Ensure that appropriate IT technical documentation is completed to facilitate a smooth transition to applications support mode.
- Formally onboard any new services / applications.
- Develop a working knowledge of relevant internal company business systems and processes.
- Actively assist with daily allocation of resources and coordinate activities across concurrent work streams
- Willing to be hands on when necessary to troubleshoot and resolve issues, especially in critical situations, and work the hours necessary to deliver exceptional results
- Creative, resourceful and innovative at tackling complex problems within tight timeframes
- A leader as well as a team player who takes responsibility for results.
- Ability to positively influence others to achieve goals
- Allocates own time efficiently
- Prioritizes and handles multiple demands
- Eliminates inefficiencies
- Uses technology to enhance productivity
- Accepts and promotes continuous improvement
- Overcomes barriers to achieve success
- Ability to accurately assess and develop the skills and competencies of others
- Includes coaching and the use of delegation as a development approach
- Gives frequent and accurate feedback based on fact and not opinions
- Strong experience managing products using standard project management practices
- Experience with business analysis and methodologies
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum concepts, rules and process
- Treats people with respect
- Relates well to all levels and kinds of people inside and outside the organization
- Is tactful and uses diplomacy
- Makes others comfortable and puts them at ease
- Builds constructive and effective relationships
- Capable of diffusing tense situations comfortably
Planning, Managing and Organizing
- Strong planning and estimating skills
- Experience supervising internal staff as well as external contractors and vendors
- Detail-oriented with excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Proficiency in prioritizing tasks and balancing workloads to meet project objectives
- Willing to be hands on when necessary to ensure timely and quality completion of projects
- Develops short and long term plans that span across a range of activities
- Integrates planning efforts across departments or functions
- Good written, verbal, and listening skills
- Maintain a positive working relationships with all individuals
- Comfortable in group or small settings
- 2+ years of Product Management Experience
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and bring different personalities together toward a common goal
- Prior experience with payroll and/or financial systems preferred
- Prior experience working in the entertainment industry preferred
- SEDENTARY - Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, or pull. Involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
About Cast & Crew
We enable great content. Films, television, streaming, live events. We make difficult tasks easier - think payroll, human resources, accounting, financial management and workflow. Great content is difficult enough, so we’ve built solutions and software and, most importantly, linked everything together through a central hub. In English, that means Cast & Crew solutions talk to each other, making those difficult tasks we listed above a whole lot easier and simpler. We do. So you can. Learn more at www.castandcrew.com
Cast & Crew provides a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, life insurance, paid holidays, paid vacation, sick time, 401K option, and more! For a full list of openings, please visit https://www.castandcrew.com/company/careers/ and click on the #JoinTheCrew link.
Cast & Crew is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusion and diversity.
CA residents: Your personal information may be collected in connection with certain services provided by Cast & Crew or its affiliated companies. A summary of your California privacy rights can be found at: https://www.castandcrew.com/privacy-policy/