Oooh is a team of 17 who have built some of the biggest global phenomenons in video and video games and have come together with a moonshot mission. Backed by an incredible group of Silicon Valley and LA VC’s, founders, product and technology leaders and entertainment moguls—all of whom feel personally connected to our purpose—we’ve been quietly building a smarter and healthier next-gen digital platform focused on younger audiences. And, one that’s way more fun. That’s about all we can say here :)
While we are still unannounced, we're beginning to ramp resources including bringing on another Product Manager. As PM, you will be responsible for leading ideation, product development, launch and management of wholesale aspects of of the Oooh platform and products. This role needs someone who is both visionary and accels as an executor; who’s looking to join an early stage company, and understands how to build from scratch and also to scale to reach millions.
Ideally, you’ve done it before, having launched social/video products and/or spent time at major social or video platforms like YouTube, Facebook, Twitch, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, etc. You have world-class knowledge of incentives, motivations, and behaviors that drive social, video, gaming and other entertainment products. Without this past experience, you may not be a great fit for this early PM role.
More about you: your style and genuine enthusiasm must speak to and for younger audiences’ tastes and culture today. Your innate curiosity and interest in staying up with the latest tech, especially social and video apps kids/teens use, will be key to your long-term success in this role. A mix of statistician, obsessive product thinker and artist, you have enough confidence as an experienced PM to know when to lead from data but also when and how to boldly break from convention through risk-taking.
- Work directly with CTO, CEO, PMs, engineers and designers to own product development lifecycles for a number of key areas of our platform/app.
- Drive clarity and team buy-in for product strategy.
- Create product requirements and specifications in proficient detail.
- Establish and manage roadmaps.
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of features.
- Be scrappy. Pick up whatever you can and move fast.
- Use experience. Leverage your past experience for making decisions that scale for now and later.
- Build relationships. Gain trust and rapport with teammates quickly.
- Relish the opportunity to be an early hire in a well-funded, ground-breaking new company.
- 4+ years experience in a similar PM role.
- Have worked in a PM capacity at 1) a social or video platform (YouTube, Twitch, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, etc.), 2) gaming company with significant social tools or 3) a children’s entertainment app company.
- Experience working with teams using Agile methodologies.
- Product Management-level proficiency with, or willingness to learn, Unity.
- Experience working in video games (developer, publisher or platform)
- Experience with content moderation systems, 1st and 3rd party.
- Experience with products which are COPPA/GDPR-k compliance.
- Experience with Kids apps, Parent Tools, Kids and parents Registration flows
- Have built or been responsible for maintaining analytics or forecasting models (MS Excel).
- Small team moving fast. All of the ownership with none of the BS.
- Location: Los Angeles, CA. Also open to Kelowna, British Columbia, CAN.
- Premier Medical, Vision, Dental and Disability insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Other typical startup life benefits - that you have a say in - as we grow