Investor’s Business Daily (IBD) is a financial website and national weekly newspaper known for innovative coverage and fact-based analysis of the stock market, economy, business and public policy. We offer an environment that encourages and rewards learning and professional growth and the opportunity to gain first-hand knowledge of how to invest successfully.
We are currently seeking a Business Analyst to work at our corporate headquarters in Playa Vista, CA. Responsibilities include driving projects on his/her own and helps conduct market research, competitive studies, and provide recommendations on possible business opportunities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members to gather and define product requirements.Write clear, concise product requirements, stories and bugs
- Ability to clearly explain product requirements to Engineering teams and help drive projects to completion
- Maintain product backlog and JIRA issues/tickets creation and assignment to ensure smooth product releases
- Analyze key success metrics and help Sr. PM optimize to ensure they're met
- Document product records such as release notes and user guides
- Perform market research on competitive products and document features sets
- Assist product owners and UX designers with user testing and usability studies
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a Business analyst, Product Manager and/or Project Manager role
- Understanding of agile development standards and product life cycle (PLC)
- Ability to think outside of the box and identify potential business opportunities
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial environment with a team of Engineers and Product Managers
- Strong problem-solving skills, business acumen and ability to prioritize
- Ability to understand and monitor key performance parameter targets for a software product and use data help decision making through independent analysis
- Experience in internet/mobile and social media is preferred
- Able to meet changing deadlines and manage priorities on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to understand problems, identify potential root cause(s) and present solutions
- Able to interview consumers and stakeholders for User Acceptance Testing independently if needed
- Able to present your own perspective and influence team members to drive projects to the finish line
- Build strong working relationships with coworkers, customers, and company management.
- Familiarity with consumer facing digital media and/or the financial & investment industry is preferred
- A resourceful, dynamic, motivated, and results-oriented creative thinker and problem solver
- Bachelor's degree required (BA or BS) or advanced degree preferred
- Excellent and competitive benefits package including: Medical, dental, vision, & life insurance
- Flexible benefits account
- Generous vacation accrual schedules sick time
Working Conditions: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to type. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.