Bond Companies is a leading real estate development and investment firm with offices in Los Angeles and Chicago. Our team is growing, and we have an immediate need for a Construction Project Manager to assist with a 200-unit Class A residential development in Hollywood. In addition, we have multiple projects in the pipeline in need of pre-construction services. The role will focus on managing the General Contractor and supporting as needed on projects in the pipeline.
1. Review contractor pay applications. Recommend appropriate amounts to be funded as well as items that should be adjusted or rejected.
2. Assist in bid procurement, if applicable.
3. Prepare draw packages for internal review.
4. Assist in identifying areas for value-engineering.
5. Review monthly construction draw requests on behalf of owner.
6. Issue final project report, including final project costs, change orders, deductive change orders, back charges, etc.
1. Track the General Contractor schedule – projected vs. actual.
2. Identify opportunities for schedule efficiencies.
1. Document critical construction assemblies for compliance with project details.
2. Review specifications and ensure the General Contractor is in compliance.
3. Establish a quality control program to ensure General Contractor complies with design intent.
4. Work closely with the team to ensure the design intent is carried out throughout the project, and that value-engineering is approved and reasonable.
5. Thoroughly review subcontractors, subcontractor contracts, and evaluate performance risk.
6. Evaluate general contractor performance and subcontractor performance, providing recommendations for the release of retention.
1. Provide field observation and photo documentation throughout the project.
2. Attend all site-inspections on behalf of Bond Companies.
3. Provide documentation on construction progress for internal and external stakeholders.
1. Develop and maintain project logs and tracking tools, including the budget, schedule, buy-out log, potential change order log, RFI’s and submittals.
2. Provide timely status reports to stakeholders.
3. Manage the day-to-day construction activity of the General Contractor.
4. Manage the punch list on behalf of Bond Companies.
5. Manage FF&E, and the transition from Construction to Operations.
6. Manage project close out documentation, including warranties and O&M manuals.
A Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering or a related field.
Minimum of 5 years of multi-family experience.
The ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
Detail oriented and able to understand construction detailing.
Ability to work with minimal oversight as well as in a cohesive team environment.
Proficient in Word, Excel, Bluebeam, Acrobat Professional and ProCore.