Under general direction this position will be responsible for planning, implementation, delivery, dispatch, carrier and customer relationships and price quoting for loads being moved.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the safe, timely and professional passage of shipments from consignor to consignee by chosen carriers.
- Responsible for carrier selection and load tendering for every truckload shipment.
- Provides timely communication to customers on all aspects of shipment status,
- Acts as point of contact for carriers, and proactively follows up regularly to build relationships and to grow a registry of carrier companies who can provide broker truckload shipments at desirable rates.
- Prepare all documentation and reports necessary in transporting cargo.
- Documentation of comments, communication and follow-up via the telephone to ensure the carrier performance meets the customer expectations.
- Negotiate terms and rates for shippers and carriers required to move cargo.
- Create, update and close out all entries in the transportation management system.
- Find new customers and carriers while ensuring current customers (Consignors, Consignees and Carriers) are satisfied with your service.
- Must be able to exercise discretion and good judgment, with an ability to understand the effect of decisions overall in the company.
- Troubleshoot issues that may arise during shipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent, required.
- Brokerage Training preferred
- Must have 2 years of experience related to Traffic Management.
- 1 year prior experience brokering freight, with a current customer base, desired.
- Must have a working knowledge of DOT regulations pertaining to brokering, shipping and receiving freight.
- Must have complete knowledge of transportation documentation.
- Requires proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, and related applications.
- Must have strong analytical skills, including the ability to extract, compile and analyze data.
- Experience with transportation management software desired.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lifting up to 10lbs
- Sitting at a computer for long periods of time
- Climbing stairs
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in a Distribution Center environment with a variation of temperatures.
First Shift Available!