Full Steam Staffing is Now Hiring!
Pay Rate: $13-13.50/hr
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Implement quality assurance and food safety policies and procedures to ensure compliance with individual customer requirements, and regulatory requirements.
- Perform or oversee micro and environmental testing as needed.
- Member of Food Safety Team and participate in annual HACCP review. Review HACCP records and deviations.
- Conduct periodic internal plant inspections and develop an effective supplier audit program as well as oversee and update approved supplier documents.
- Maintain appropriate disposition procedures for HOLD, RETURNED, and REWORKED products.
- Troubleshoot quality issues/variances through research and problem analysis. Make recommendations for improvements.
- Perform audits of records, logs, and charts for conformance to quality and food safety related standards.
- Assist in planning and preparing for third party or customer-specific audits.
- Ensure Prerequisite, HACCP and position based training is conducted and ensure that standards are met.
- Develop work instructions for Pre-Operational inspection and sanitation activities
- Ensure that all quality assurance costs, efficiencies, and safety standards are met.
- Ensure that weekly, monthly and quarterly facility inspections.
- Verify sanitation work was adequately performed (pre-operational inspection and swabbing) and conduct or make arrangements for sanitation training.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Must be experienced working with computers and have the ability to learn, navigate and use designated software programs as required to perform job functions. Must be able to work effectively in a multitasking work environment and prioritize workload. Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision and have the ability to interact positively with others within the department and the organization. Must be familiar with Food Safety, Quality Assurance, GMP’s, SSOP’s, HACCP, and Third Party Audits.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma and three to five years experience and/or training in a food manufacturing environment; one to two years of supervisor experience.
Work is normally performed in a production area with a temperature of approximately 35-95 degrees. Lifting requirement of up to 50 lbs. Some work is performed in an office environment, which includes heavy computer work. Travel requirement < 10%. The employee must have the ability to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their fingers, stand, walk and reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb stairs or crawl. Vision abilities require close vision. The employee needs to be able to work in an environment where there are machines, machine noise and moving parts. Employee must be able to flex their schedule to be available for interaction with day shift and night shift. 40 hours + a week as work load dictates.
Safety is EVERYONE’s responsibility. All employees are responsible for knowing and following all safety rules as outlined in the Safety Handbook as well as job specific training. All safety issues and/or concerns must be reported to management immediately. All safety violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.