Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Verify pallet counts per store before loading.
- Verify Store pallet ID tags, case labels and manifest to ensure all the pallets are staged correctly.
- Verify correct door and trailer number.
- Switch the Green and Red light as needed, green inside while loading and red outside and vice versa.
- Ensure that the trailer being loaded is shocked and secured.
- While loading the door needs to be scanned and then the pallet being loaded needs to be scanned as well, the pallets need to be scanned one by one while being loaded.
- The loader needs to have good communication with the Shipping Office verifying pallet counts and departure times.
- The loader needs to fill out their loading sheets with the correct information, store#, pallet count per store, seal # and trailer#...loading sheets must be turned in to the office in a timely manner.
- If a pallet is not stacked safely or secure it will not be loaded and report it to the Supervisor on shift.
- If a pallet has damaged product it will be reported to a Supervisor.
- It is the loaders responsibility to secure all the loads with a loading strap or load bar.
- Basic computer skills.
- Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word.
- 10 Key
- Verbal communication skills. Must be able to manage and lead a Must be able to interact with all levels of management and have excellent written and diverse workforce.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lifting up to 40lbs
- Re-stacking pallets when necessary.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in a Distribution Center environment with a variation of temperatures.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong commitment to customer Service.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, meets dead lines, and work with difficult task assignments.
- Good communication skills with co-workers and client.