Description: The fork-lift truck operator is responsible for the timely, accurate loading of outbound shipments, as well as racking of finished goods from production line or inbound transfer trailer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Follow all safety procedures and work as safe as possible at all times.
• Maintain Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) and SQF program policies.
• Follow all safety procedures.
• Operates forklift, current forklift certification required.
• Inspects forklift before and after trips and submits report indicating forklift condition.
• Accurate loading of outbound shipments.
• Receives finished goods.
• Properly documenting and unloading inbound loads.
• Properly documenting any changes on Bills of Lading.
• Transfer finished goods from production line to storage rack or transfer trailer.
• Proper documentation of product location movement.
• Maintain proper GMP conditions on loading docks and warehouses.
• Notify Production Supervisor of any discrepancies on Bills of Lading.
• Understands and complies with truck loading procedures, including chocking wheels, correctly placing trailer stand and glad hand lock, as well as other aspects prior to loading or unloading trailers.
• Understands how to and uses corner boards, pallet straps, pallet inverters, and airbags correctly.
• Assist with physical inventories.
• Routine GMP & SQF duties.
• Maintain a clean work area.
• Conduct daily business in a “self-directed” manner.
• Maintain a positive work atmosphere and interaction with customers, co-workers, and management
• Work scheduled shift, weekends, and extended hours as required
• Regular and punctual attendance
• Average math skills and basic computer skills.
• Possess current Beverage forklift certification.
• Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate professionally with customers and co-workers.
• Have a strong work ethic and be able to work independently as well as working in a team.
• Must have good analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrates attention to detail, a professional attitude, and produces accurate work product.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and adhere to deadlines.
• Must be enthusiastic and proactive.
• Must have a cooperative attitude.
• Must have the ability to follow-up.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Education and/or Experience:
• High school diploma or G.E.D. preferred
• Three months related experience; Or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Forklift Certification, required.
• Or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Warehouse experience in the Beverage industry preferred.
Language Skills: English is required, and the ability to speak Spanish is desirable.
• Ability to sit for long periods of time
• Ability to occasionally carry, push, pull loads of 50 lbs.
• Ability to occasionally bend, reach, squat, and stretch