The role of the Sr Manager, Program Management Office (PMO) is to design and direct the planning, execution and delivery of the entire portfolio of IT programs, projects and enhancements in support of business objectives and in accordance with the Project management Framework (PMF) and within budget. The Sr. Manager will work with company leadership to drive, oversee, and deliver major IT programs while supervising and mentoring a staff of project managers. The Sr. Manager, PMO will develop and build upon IT Project PMF in order to support the successful delivery of IT projects regardless of size, complexity or methodology (Agile, Waterfall, Iterative).
Additionally, this position will be responsible for driving the project prioritization which requires heavy interaction with the executive Project Prioritization Committee (PPC). The ideal candidate can be both hands on and as well as serve in an oversight role and transitions seamlessly between the two and has extensive experience working with executive leadership in driving the prioritization of both IT and non-IT projects.
- Develop, maintain and enhance the IT project management framework to govern IT initiatives that ensures delivery excellence.
- Develop meaningful metrics that measure the effectiveness of IT delivery and identify and implement improvements
- Develop processes to lead and manage project prioritization processes for the enterprise
- Work hands on with cross functional teams to develop sustainable solutions (playbooks/templates) for executing strategic initiatives that are critical to business success.
- Establish, maintain, and publish executive and task level KPI reporting to track and communicate overall portfolio status.
- Manage rollout, configuration, effective use, and continuous improvement of Project and Portfolio Management tool (Planview Pro)
- Assemble key players on the project team and facilitate internal working relationships across the enterprise, building loyalty and trust. Delegate project responsibilities and task interfaces, direct, motivate and manage the project work and resources involved with the project. Identify ambiguous responsibilities and manage conflicts to an early resolution and escalation of any unresolved issues.
- Lead and manage major IT programs and initiatives utilizing the IT Project Management Framework from inception to closure, ensuring deliver excellence while staying within budget.
- Ability to jump in and act as project manager when needed. Facilitate creation of work breakdown structures, develop and update project schedules/plans, identify risks and mitigation strategies.
- Raise the maturity level of the Project Management organization by mentoring, guiding, and driving continuous improvement
- Champion adoption and drive continuous improvement of the Project Management Framework for all methodologies (agile/scrum, iterative, Waterfall)
- Directs the initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, controlling and close of an entire project
- Knowledge of application and / or infrastructure development life cycle (SDLC)
- Lead team members in achieving desired outcomes of deliverables
- Analyze multiple types and sources of information to generate insight on project performance
- Ability to provide financial forecast and on-going reconciliation of resources and other project related expenditures
- Clear roadblocks for project/program teams
- 5+ years Program Management experience (or equivalent)
- 10+ years management experience
- Minimum 10+years’ Project Management experience
- Track record of success in delivering highly complex IT Programs (application, infrastructure, web, and/or cloud) on time, within budget, and with quality that meets or exceeds business customer expectations.
- PMP Certification preferred
- Exemplary Leadership skills
- Excellent judgment and decisions making skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and explain technically complex concepts to non- technical project team members and vice versa
- Demonstrate financial awareness to control costs and think in terms of profit, loss, and added value.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
· Planning and organizing
· Excellent Influence and Communication skills, including navigating difficult conversations with stakeholders & staff
· Evaluates risks and issues and assesses possible outcomes to determine solution in a timely manner
· Ability to remain calm in high stress situations
· Excellent executive presence
· Ability to navigate and lead through difficult stakeholder situations
· Ability to effectively manager team of executive stakeholders