The Warehouse Associate is responsible for operating a variety of material handling equipment for the purpose of moving, locating, relocating, stacking and counting merchandise. The equipment utilized in these functions is forklifts, slip sheets, and clamps. The Warehouse Associate is responsible for the safe and efficient use of these vehicles. The Warehouse Associate is also responsibel for order selection and checking as the need dictates. The Warehouse Associate must be self-motivated and work with a minimal amount of supervision.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Accuracy of all paperwork produced.
- Follow all customer requirements.
- Assist supervision/management as needed.
- Follow company policies, guidelines and work instructions.
- Maintain professional relationship with the carriers and customers.
Include the following. Other duties as assigned.
- Shipping and Receiving : Unload and load trailers and verify proper stacking and freight not being mixed on pallets, one item to a pallet as required unless instructed otherwise. Tape or stretch-wrap pallet as required to ensure product stability.
- Checking : Prior to product storage, count all product, compare your counts to the drivers’ manifest and check all shipments for damage, infestation and production code dates. Report shortages damages and misplacements to your immediate supervisor who will forward the information to the appropriate parties. Must be able to move product to the storage locations. Must also be able to stack and store the product in the appropriate areas.
- Must be able to verify receipt of product at appropriate temperature.
Over, Short, and Damage : Identify and recover any received or shipping damage consistent with Company policy. Report all shortages and overages to your area supervisor.
Inventory: Assistant in physical inventories with use of scanners. Ensure proper stock rotation by following lot number identification.
Order Picking: Pull and prepare product for shipment, ensuring that the exact number and type of product is located and shipped, Make certain product comes from the proper locations and the lot numbers agree to the picking documents. Perform picking duties in an efficient manner that meets customer service standards. Pallets are typically built to a height of approximately 7 feet.
- Loading : Efficiently move product from the staging or storage areas into railcars or trailers.
- Equipment : Load, unload, move, stack and stage product and materials using a forklift, clamp truck, slip-sheet or other power equipment Maintain the facilities, equipment and materials in a neat, clean orderly fashion. Daily inspect and verify equipment is operating prior to the start of the day’s activity. Advise your supervisor of any problems encountered. Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods
- Responsible for any additional tasks delegated by management.
The knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below are representative of the qualifications required to successfully perform each essential duty. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Education: High School Degree preferred
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Experience: Forklift training and experience