This position will be responsible for helping to manage customer relations and projects through direct contact with customers and factories. The selected candidate will be an integral point person responsible for maintaining ongoing contact with sales staff, clients and internal cross functional teams to develop and maintain all aspects of a customer’s launch including but not limited to Cost, Aesthetic targets, Technical, Quality and Timing.
- Source components and negotiate with existing supplier base, accounting for variables including capability, costing, quality assurance, etc.
- Develop project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensure technical feasibility.
- Ensure production is properly executed by establishing packaging standards and defect ranges with the customer.
- Apply knowledge of package development practices and processes to best meet client needs.
- Handling administrative duties including issuing program quotations, develop and manage timelines, keeping customer files, and issuing Purchase Orders.
- Set pricing agreements with customers.
- Use strong problem solving skills to answer customer questions and resolve quality issues.
- Accurately quote transit costs to customers
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Holds meetings with customer independently and with salespeople
- Holds meetings with designers and engineers for renderings/sketches
- Manage full turnkey projects including packaging development; formula development to ensure execution and delivery of products
- Ensure clients abide by timing in both formula and packaging development
- Provide commentary/feedback on product and packaging submissions to guide client towards end development
- Review development samples, QA pcs and production samples
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in a Project Management role in manufacturing/production environment.
- Previous experience managing multiple projects or account management is preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs (Outlook, Excel and Word) is required
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work effectively with a team
- Strong verbal/written communication skills are essential
- The ability to work independently using strong critical thinking skills
- The ability to work in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment
- Mandarin or Korean speaking a plus but not mandatory
- Great Medical, Dental & Vision benefits after 90 days
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Account
- Excellent 401k plan
- 17 days — Paid Time Off per calendar year (pro-rated the first year)
- 11 Paid Holidays Per Year