O’Neil Digital Solutions is currently seeking a Senior Project Manager to work at our corporate headquarters in Playa Vista, CA. Responsibilities include, providing structure and supporting the overall vision for assigned projects (e.g. application development, web development, business process improvement, etc.); planning, organizing, and controlling activities of other design disciplines (e.g. Business Analysts, User Experience Architects, Visual Designers, etc.); working closely with technical project leads in order to ensure the on-time, on-budget delivery of projects that meet or exceed expectations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicates relevant project information to stakeholders, including status, risk, issues, and deliverables.
- Ensures that solutions are understood and properly addresses stakeholders’ business requirements.
- Manages small projects or subprojects within a larger project.
- Coordinate all activities of the project team and ensure that project tasks are completed by scheduling and facilitating project-related team meetings (i.e. kick-offs, status, internal/stakeholder reviews, etc.) and communicating action steps and expectations to the team.
- Deliver regular status reports to project team, stakeholders, and management.
- Act as the point of contact for all day-to-day project issues.
- Develop, maintain, review and/or disseminate all project documentation including project charter, status reports, invoices, change orders, schedules, budgets, and retrospective reviews.
- Collaborate on the content and presentation of key deliverables to ensure relevancy, strategy, quality and timeliness.
- Ensure that all project documentation is produced in the standard format, follows internal documentation processes, and is reviewed and approved.
- Manage and control project scope and the change control process to ensure that projects are completed according to schedule and within budget.
- Identify project risks, develop a risk response plan, and regularly communicate risk status to the project team and stakeholders.
- Establish benchmarks for measuring deliverable quality and take corrective actions as necessary.
- Create a team environment that encourages trust, respect, and a focus on stakeholder goals.
- Recognize and resolve conflicts involving project team members.
- Mentor junior team members and provide employee on-boarding and training.
- Ensure direct reports follow standard policies and procedures.
- Provide performance feedback via regular meetings and as needed.
- Assist management in identifying strengths and weaknesses of assigned team members.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- 5 - 8 years of experience in project management role in an IT environment
- PMP certification a plus.
- Experience with Agile and Waterfall development approaches.
- Exceptional clarity and precision in written and oral communication.
- Bachelor’s degree minimum.
- Desired skills:
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and to pay close attention to detail on varied tasks.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with other team members, development staff, consultants and management.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision to complete projects; processing initiative to address issues and opportunities.
- Creative, flexible and able to work under tight schedules to meet deadlines
- Experience in a SQL environment.
HOW DO WE REWARD YOU?
DAI offers a competitive package consisting of base compensation & bonus (MBO); competitive benefits package including 401k, Medical, Dental, HSA, Vision, & Life insurance; and a generous paid time off program including paid holidays. Plus… you get to hang out on a daily basis with some pretty cool teammates!