Senior Associate, Compliance (LA or NY)
Ares Management Corporation, LOS ANGELES CA
This position is responsible for compliance matters relating to the Business Development Group (“BDG”). This role focuses primarily upon reviewing and approving a variety of marketing, communications, and related materials produced in support of the firm’s global asset management business. In addition, this role provides general compliance support related to the firm’s distribution and marketing efforts worldwide, as well as any other ad hoc projects.
Reports to: Vice President, Compliance
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
• A key compliance contact and advisor for firm’s global business development activities, responsible for ensuring premier client service and professional relations between the firm’s Compliance department and the firm’s Business Development Group (“BDG”) including:
o As directed by the VP – Compliance Officer of BDG - review and analyze sales literature and marketing materials for various pooled vehicles, including unregistered funds, as well as separately managed accounts to assess compliance with any or all of SEC, FINRA, non-US, and Ares internal policy, as required;
o Provide guidance and recommendations to business unit personnel to promote compliance;
o Provide compliance advice and guidance to the firm’s global investor relations team;
o Keep up-to-date on global regulations and regulatory environment in assigned area, and participate in training and education for other Compliance personnel as well as business unit personnel;
o Participate in Compliance Department initiatives and projects on an ad hoc basis.
• Work closely with the firm’s Legal Department to: determine application of and interpret relevant laws, regulations and rules; resolve issues; and help ensure consistent flow of information between Compliance and Legal.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Series 7, 63, preferred
• 3 - 7 years of directly-relevant experience;
• Familiarity with SEC regulatory review and interpretation of regulations;
• Ability to manage challenging workflow in-fast paced, dynamic organization, managing multiple assignments in a deadline driven environment;
• Organizational skills demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities and lead projects to completion;
• Proven ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, auditors and regulatory examiners; and
• Experience with alternative credit-based strategies a significant plus.
• Understanding of investment adviser industry including the Investment Advisers Act and Investment Company Act
• Understand of FINRA rules for Broker Dealers
• Interpretation of Regulation
• Working knowledge of alternative and structured finance
• Awareness of how the business works globally
• Risk Management
• Change Management
• Project Management
• Independent, creative problem-solver who enjoys building and managing new programs
• Strong interpersonal, relationship-building and negotiation skills
• Ability to influence others
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Collaborative team player
• Interdisciplinary problem solver and solution driver
• Analytical judgment
• Relationship builder
• Comfortable with complexity
Ares Management Corporation (“Ares” or the “Firm”) is a publicly traded, leading global alternative asset manager with approximately $142 billion of assets under management ("AUM") and over 1,000 employees. We seek to deliver attractive performance to our investor base across our investment groups and strategies, including credit, private equity and real estate. The firm is headquartered in Los Angeles with offices across the United States, Europe, Asia and Australia. Its common units are traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "ARES".
Ares Management LLC (together with its related operating and administrative subsidiaries, “Ares Management”) is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, creed, sex, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, status regarding public assistance, military or veteran status, domestic violence victim status, gender identity and expression, transgender status, genetic information, status as unemployed, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Ares Management will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.