Website Project Manager
Mathnasium - The Math Learning Center Corporate Offices, LOS ANGELES CA
Project Manager Job Description
Mathnasium enables franchisee success by providing a proven business model and software to its franchisees across all areas of Learning Center operations – marketing, education, and business operations. Technology empowers franchisees and center employees to execute that model and empowers people to do the right things, the right way, with the right tools. The impact is a more productive, scalable, and manageable center. This position directly impacts Mathnasium’s center management platform, by managing the user experience, system improvements, and positive change management with users.
• Research, evaluate, and identify best practices for our proprietary software
• Understand franchisees’ business needs, goals, and processes, and recommend value-added technical opportunities.
• Establish business requirements for IT development in alignment with Mathnasium’s operating model.
• Establish formal decision process for prioritization of requirements for development
• Analyze best operating practices from owners of single and multiple centers.
• Manage the user experience and engage franchisee and center employee users for effective center adoption.
• Design system navigation and workflow, and consult on development.
• Organize testing and feedback groups with franchisees and company-owned stores.
• Measure effectiveness of all features and identify opportunities for improvement.
• Create detailed (“step-by-step”) operations instructions. • Ensure changes achieve operational efficiency and are intuitive to users.
• Liaise between users in the field, internal Education, Marketing, and Business Systems teams, and IT programming personnel
• Coordinate business feedback across all internal departments following Agile software development model.
• Evaluate escalated franchisee technology support questions to improve data entry processes, bugs, and development ideas.
• Coordinate communication and change management across teams.
• Manage change and adoption of new center technology.
• Formalize communication timeline.
• Rollout new support and training.
• Train-the-trainers (training and support teams) in all projects, including operational standards.
• Continue to progress the project management of requirements development and implementation
• Investigate Tools and Processes that can improve the tractability of the project
• Develop regular process to best update leadership on project status
• Build knowledge base and specialize as Mathnasium’s expert.
* Website Project Management Experience is essential
• Must have experience in project management or business analysis/operations/software discipline.
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferred in business, engineering, or related field.
• Experience gathering technical requirements and writing statements of work
• Technical writing; produce professional, concise, and appealing documents.
• Proficient with Excel and data analysis.
• Ideal experience in a service industry or franchise.
• Experience with technical support and/or user requirements testing
• Project planning and management Qualities
• Have strong critical thinking and judgment skills to make the right decisions
• Work collaboratively as a team, with other departments and franchisees
• Curiosity to ascertain what works and why
• Can work in an evolving environment
• Can partner with all levels of people regardless of title or function
• Ability to multi-task and be detail oriented.
• Comfortable navigating competing objectives and facilitating decision-making
• Are persuasive as well as sophisticated in presentation