Senior Project Manager - Mechanical Construction
Southland Industries, LOS ANGELES CA
Southland Industries is currently seeking an experienced Project Manager to provide overall direction and leadership on a Mechanical and Plumbing dominant project or for MEP scopes of work on a large project located at Los Angeles. Your duties will include the client management, project quality and profitability, timeliness, safety, and mentoring the project team. A critical aspect to this role will be to continue to develop and improve customer relationships by providing excellent service. Strong communication skills are necessary as you will be interacting with staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment. Your ability to remain flexible, inventive, dedicated, and efficient with a high level of integrity and confidentiality is vital to your success in this role.
**Location of the project is Los Angeles**
What you’ll do:
- Assist with the review of the owner agreement
- Resolve site concerns for the owner and/or representative
- Provide frequent interactions and service to build positive relationships and future work opportunities
- Represent Southland’s best interest with all project meetings
- Develop and maintain project financial forecast
- Oversee budget for and make selections of trade partners and suppliers
- Handle billings and contract management, including contract buyouts
- Supervise the 3-D coordination process to resolve all conflicts prior to installation
- Direct and handle the commissioning process on the project inclusive of the start-up plan, COT, commissioning schedule, and functional testing
- Lead all activities required in the project closeout inclusive of operations and maintenance manuals, model turn over, and training
- Provide job assignments and lead career development
- Approve time cards for on-site team members
- Provide ongoing feedback of work performance
- Manage change order negotiations and submittal process
- Provide high level management of quality, risk, safety, and compliance for the project and team members
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Demonstrate ability to fulfill development to closeout responsibilities for complex projects
- Detail orientation sufficient to organize and run multiple project tasks
- Possess basic understanding of construction law and generally accepted business practices
- Microsoft Office, project and pertinent web application skills at an intermediate level
- Positive and professional attitude, and strong customer service skills
- Ability to interpret and communicate Southland Industries policies
What you bring to the table:
- Minimum ten years MEP construction management; Design-Build experience preferred
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience managing large complex commercial projects with large MEP scope
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent field experience
As an employee-owned company, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes excellent benefits for you and your family:
- 401(k) Plan with 50% Company Match (no cap) and immediate 100% vesting
- Annual bonus program based upon performance, profitability, and achievement
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance - 100% paid for employees
- Term Life, AD&D Insurance, and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Disability Income Protection Insurance
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Plans (Health and Dependent Care)
- Holidays/Vacation/Personal Time/Life Events Leave
- Numerous training opportunities and company paid membership for professional associations and licenses
PEOPLE FIRST: BUILDING TALENT BY DESIGN
Southland Industries understands that people are key to our success as a company. The people who work for us, the people we serve, and the people who live and work in the buildings we design and build.
If you’re someone with a true passion for our industry, we’re looking for you! At Southland, we seek people that don’t just follow a career path, but who are looking to gain the best experiences and to have an impact wider than their own job. We believe in building talent and supporting our people with what they need to grow and flourish. And we thrive on creating a strong company and culture where you’ll feel engaged, challenged and valued.
If you’re ready for the next big step in your career and want a fun, fast paced and the excitement of a growing company, then JOIN our team and become a part of an organization that values PEOPLE FIRST, INNOVATION, COLLABORATION, SAFETY, INTEGRITY, ACCOUNTABILITY & SUSTAINABILITY.
For more information on wornking at Southland Industries, please visit our web site: www.southlandindcareersind.com or on Facebook or LinkedIN or Twitter
Southland Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing our employees with a safe work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Southland Industries are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, gender, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, family care or medical leave status, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Southland Industries will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
** All employment offers are contingent upon successful, drug test, background check, and professional reference checks. **
*At this time we are unable to offer employment sponsorship*
If you don’t feel this position is match for you, we encourage you to share it with others. Feel free to share throughout your social networks and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram to keep up to date on what we’re doing as a company.