Be involved in projects with our Water and Environment Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges. At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach- and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future! WSP is currently initiating a search for a Senior Project Manager - Water Resources for our Raleigh office. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead project teams in the preparation of technical reports and designs for transportation related stormwater and water resources projects
- Participate in business development activities including marketing, client engagement, developing scopes of work, and budgeting
- Ensure that production of plans, specifications, reports, and analyses meet scope, schedule, cost, and quality requirements
- Capable of serving as a water resources Subject Matter Expert for multi-disciplinary project teams
- Serve as discipline lead for NCDOT and SCDOT design build projects during proposal development, design, and construction
- BS in civil engineering or related field from and accredited program
- 10+ years of relevant experience with Civil engineering principles and practices and project experience in some or all of the following areas:
- Hydraulic design for highway/transit
- Bridge hydraulic/scour analysis and floodplain management
- Municipal stormwater
- Strong background using hydrologic and hydraulic modeling and design software such as Civil 3D, Microstation/GeoPak, HEC-RAS, and HEC-HMS, HEC-1, HEC-2, TR-55, SWMM, SRH-2D etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional Civil Engineer (P.E.) license required; ability to obtain North Carolina P.E. within 6 months required.
- Proven ability to lead the delivery of complex stormwater and water resources design projects.
- Prior experience with municipal stormwater or NCDOT hydraulic design a plus
- Affiliations with professional societies and active industry and community involvement are highly desirable