Senior Sales Engineer - 44826
Client Services and Sales - USA Los Angeles, California
ABOUT THIS JOB
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is the top provider of entertainment information, creating industry-leading databases of TV, movie, and music metadata for entertainment guides, applications and in car entertainment. Our technology serves billions of requests daily to hundreds of millions of devices around the world. Our customers include innovators like Apple, Comcast, Google, Spotify, Amazon and Virgin Media, top consumer electronics and cable companies, as well as leading automotive manufacturers such as Ford and Toyota, throughout the US and the world. Simply put, Gracenote data provides you with an opportunity to impact the evolution of the entire entertainment industry.
We are presently looking for a Sales Engineer to drive new business, engage with key Tier-1 clients and launch strategic initiatives. These activities require working externally and internally in a cross-functional manner with a variety of stakeholders. The sales engineer will work with technical and product groups and external customer business and engineering teams to successfully close new deals. This is a customer facing role with travel (up to 75%) to customer sites (many are local in the Bay Area), with Seattle & Los Angeles being the other two locations. We are looking for someone who can craft creative solutions to complex problems and has a desire and passion to socialize, instill and articulate the value behind those solutions to drive new business.
- Drive new business by working within the Sales organization in a technical pre-sales capacity: assess potential applications of company products and services against customer needs and wants; provide in-depth product and technical overviews to clients; recommend solutions that meet customer needs.
- Develop new client contacts and manage existing ones, acting as a trusted advisor to clients on mission-critical data and engineering questions
- Proactively develop and propose technical solutions that clarify how Gracenote products solve key business challenges for the customer more effectively than competing products.
- Work closely with product & content on future products & solutions. Help align product managers along the technical needs of our top clients. Become a key commercial stakeholder of Gracenote New Product Introduction.
- Partner with product and sales leaders to plan, prepare and execute on strategic initiatives across the entertainment value chain
- Help the sales team achieve quarterly and annual targets
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
We are looking for great talent like yours!!!
You are interested in the digital media industry?
Self-driven, technical savvy and people person, goal-oriented, great communicator ….Sounds like you?
Always ready for what’s next?
Welcome to our team!
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) or equivalent in field of computer science or software engineering.
- At least 5 years engineering experience in developing and/or technically supporting consumer electronics products or products in related fields.
- Ability to forge and independently manage key relationships without a great deal of supervision
- Knowledge of Embedded and Server based systems; and Video and/or entertainment background is a strong advantage.
- Knowledge of common data feed types (CSV, XML JSON) with the ability to ingest and analyze.
- Knowledge of common database, ETL, and scripting technologies (PERL, PHP, shell)
- Knowledge of common data delivery technologies (FTP, rsync, API (REST, SOAP))
- Proven problem-solving and analytical skills and goal-driven approach when addressing technical problems.
- Excellent communication skills, experience in team leadership, and ability to provide guidance, as needed to other team members and to customers.
- Strong experience in requirements definition, analysis, and conducting customer interviews, with an attention to detail and a commitment to excellence and high standards.
- A keen interest in emerging technologies especially around the digital content domain.
- Proficiency working with standard and leading edge development and data analysis tools.
- International experience a plus, as is experience working with remote and dispersed international teams.
- Proficiency in back-office tools such as jira, wiki, Salesforce, Innotas, Dropbox, etc.
- The ability to travel domestically and, occasionally, internationally (occasional travel expected up to 75% at times)
- Demonstrated business acumen and innovation.
Our passion for TV, video and music is at the heart of everything we do. But, what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Tokyo and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment is celebrated and innovation can come from anyone, not just people with offices and fancy titles. Gracenote has the soul of a small company, with the stability of a global leader. Not to mention, the biggest data, and coolest technology. So if you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Copyright ® 2019 The Nielsen Company. All rights reserved.
"Please note this process is being recruited from our Nielsen Recruitment Center (NRC) based in Mexico City, you might be contacted by one of our Recruiters as part of this process."
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Los Angeles,California
Secondary Locations: , , ,
Travel: Yes, 25% of the Time