IT Instructor (Microsoft and COMPTIA Certifications)
MyComputerCareer, Raleigh north carolina
Job Summary: The Instructor role is expected to assist in achieving the mission and vision of MyComputerCareer by focusing on the success of our students along with a willingness to assist other employees. This role is also expected to be comfortable with public speaking as well as working among peer groups.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Instruct/Teach Information Technology coursework to class sizes of up to 30 students per class.
- Coach students one-on-one to both academic and certification success.
- Must be able to answer student questions concisely and accurately.
- Manage and coordinate curriculum to ensure students receive outstanding training the entire time they are in class.
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences .
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities
- Prepare classroom for class activities.
- Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
- Use relevant technology to support instruction.
- Observe and evaluate student's performance and development.
- Provide appropriate feedback as necessary.
- Encourage and monitor the progress of students.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the policies and disciplinary systems of the school.
- Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding student progress and student needs.
- Keep updated with developments in subject area, teaching resources and methods and make relevant changes to instructional plans and activities.
- Previous experience managing student attendance, assignment, participation and examination records is preferred.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong decision making skills.
- Ability to manage multiple classes and handle typical student issues.
- Currently have or able to obtain the certifications relative to the courses being taught in the classroom.
- 3 years of previous experience providing technical training is preferred.
- Must be able to work day and/or evening hours.
- Must be able to captivate and stimulate an audience.
- High energy level
- Verbal and written communication skills