Autism Speaks is dedicated to promoting solutions, across the spectrum and throughout the lifespan, for the needs of individuals with autism and their families through advocacy and support; increasing understanding and acceptance of autism spectrum disorder; and advancing research into causes and better interventions for autism spectrum disorder and related conditions. Come join us as a Manager, Field Development in Connecticut! This is a home based position in the Greater Hartford and Waterbury area.
Purpose: Raise funds for Autism Speaks by recruiting and managing volunteers, raising awareness, and implementing fundraising and mission-related events to achieve revenue goals. This is a home-based position.
- Achieve the revenue goals for assigned fundraising events in Chapter/Market.
- Work with supervisor to establish and implement planning timelines, income goals, and expense budget and participant recruitment strategies.
- Execute events in partnership with volunteer leadership, specifically managing committee recruitment and retention.
- Achieve the assigned fundraising goals by implementing the strategies identified in the business plan, including sponsorship, corporate recruitment and retention and mission integration.
- Support the local implementation of global campaigns of Autism Speaks sometimes in collaboration with Outreach Director for region.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of assigned Chapter/Market events, including event logistics, data entry, acknowledgements, and materials management.
- Manage and provide administrative support to volunteer committees.
- Make presentations to businesses, organizations and community groups to secure sponsorship, recruit teams and committee volunteers and manage accounts on a year-round basis.
- Integrate digital marketing initiatives, such as email campaigns, fundraising websites, as well as other forms of digital outreach.
(The responsibilities listed above are representative and not all inclusive. Other duties may be assigned by supervisor. As outlined in your performance goal setting forms, you will be responsible for achieving the goals provided by and agreed upon with your manager.)
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, 3+ years professional working experience.
- 3+ years demonstrated leadership with focus on peer-to-peer fundraising, recruitment and management of volunteers, relationship-building, networking, budget management, and volunteer mobilization. Proven track record of multi-functional fundraising experience: special events, multiple walk events, corporate campaigns. Experience working from home preferred.
Specialized Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to work independently and recreate and implement fundraising and volunteer-development plans
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Organized and detail oriented
- Superb customer service skills
- Ability to prospect, recruit, manage and develop volunteers
- Strong analytical skills
- Sound judgment
- Proficiency with MS Office 365
- Database knowledge (Raiser’s Edge and/or Luminate preferred)
- Must have reliable transportation
- Flexibility to work nights and weekends as needed
- Travel up to 35% during peak event times, with occasional overnight or weekend stay
- Building Collaborative Relationships
- Professional Behavior
- Customer Orientation
You are responsible for protecting the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all Autism Speaks data and information to which you have access.
Autism Speaks offers a competitive compensation package and the opportunity to enhance lives today and accelerate a spectrum of solutions for tomorrow for individuals with autism and their families.
For consideration, please forward your resume and cover letter.
Only those applicants who meet the hiring criteria will be considered and contacted by Human Resources. Autism Speaks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply for job openings. Reasonable accommodations will be provided.