Paying the right way, getting paid what you’re worth — it’s complicated, and it matters. Compensation used to be a dark art. Not anymore. PayScale helps employers and their employees understand the right pay for every position and effectively communicate about compensation.
PayScale pioneered the use of big data and unique matching algorithms to power the world’s most advanced compensation platform and continues to be the compensation market leader, featured in G2 Crowd's 100 Best Software Companies for 2018, based on user reviews.
About the Team: The PayScale Client & Product Support team is part of the 'Onboarding & Client Care' arm of the Client Success Team. We are here to ensure that our clients are supported and enabled to achieve their compensation goals with our products throughout their PayScale experience!
About the Role: As the Senior Manager of Support you will play a critical role in leading and developing the Client and Product Support teams. The Manager is expected to coach, advise, and mentor the support team while looking for ways to improve the quality of the support we offer our clients. You have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, process, technical challenges, and can make quick data driven changes to drive efficiences.
What You'll Do: As the Senior Manager of Support, a typical day may include the following…
- Imagine, evaluate and implement ways to improve case workflow and time to resolution
- Analyze and assess support tickets to inform the business and drive the creation of operational efficiencies
- Serve as the main point of contact for support escalations
- Cultivate working relationships and streamlined processes with our engineering team to ensure client issues are resolved as expediently as possible
- Conduct regular 1x1's with direct reports to help coach and ensure team members are meeting their goals
- Provide detailed reviews of service disruptions and support ticket themes
- Generate regular reporting for the PayScale leadership team
- 5+ years experience leading a high volume support team in a SaaS, software, or technology environment
- Consistent track record of effectively leading teams spread across multiple geographies
- Experience scaling an organization through rapid growth or expansion
- Experience with Agile software development lifecycle
- Excellent analytical skills and a track recording of achieving balance in innovative thinking with a strong quality and client focus
- Experience leading a large team with multiple priorities
- Ability to communicate complex data sets into a clear story
- A sense of urgency and a willingness to challenge assumptions and go beyond what's expected
- Salesforce CRM
Hiring Process: “Change is the only constant in life (and PayScale)” – Heraclitus (okay, so we paraphrased a bit). The hiring process outlined below is a rough overview, and is subject to change based on business priority, interviewer availability, etc.
- Talk to your manager
- Interview with a small hiring team
- We will work with you and your manager to align a transition plan
Benefits & Perks – The Highlights:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off policy
- 10 paid holidays AND Summer office closure the entire week of July 4th
- Amazing Medical/Vision/Dental/Prescription coverage: 100% company-paid premiums for employees; 50% for eligible partners and dependents
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options for pre-tax employee allocations towards: Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, and Transit
- Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Company-paid Life Insurance
- Competitive Maternity and Paternity Leave, and onsite Mother’s Room
- 401k which vests immediately, complete with company match
- Onsite bike storage, lockers, showers, and clothes dryer
- Ergo friendly chairs and sitting-standing desks
- Company-hosted happy hours every Friday afternoon
- Fido Fridays (our canine colleagues join us the first Friday of every month. WOOF!)
Equal Opportunity Employer: PayScale provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. PayScale complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.