- Develop and design steel and concrete structures and foundations in 2D Computer Aided Drafting & Design (CAD) Autocad.
- Detail structural design for steel and concrete structures.
- Work collaboratively with engineers to develop conceptual designs for project during planning stages.
- Take supplier submitted information and integrate into customer documentation and the design drawings.
- Follow design and drafting procedures to standardize design effort.
- Meet schedule requirements for engineering deliverables to ensure project schedules are met.
- Ability to extract and develop drawings/documents for General Arrangements and Foundation drawings from PDS for field and shop fabrication is desired but not mandatory.
- Prior hands-on experience using PDS frameworks software is a plus, but is not mandatory.
- Prior knowledge of design and modeling for other disciplines in PDS is a plus, but is not mandatory.
Education / Experience Requirements:
- This position requires 5 years of relevant industrial experience in Civil/structural drafting and design.
- Generally responsible for performing design tasks related to civil/structural assignments using theoretical knowledge and practical design methods.
- Work at this level requires experience in design, involves applying design techniques and analysis. This work will be performed under general supervision.
- Associates degree or equivalent experience in related field.
- 5 years’ experience producing structural drawings;
- 2 years’ experience using Autocad software.
- Knowledge of current 2D and 3D CAD applications.
- Preferred experience in Autodesk AutoCAD and Intergraph SmartPlant 3D
- Experience in structural design and detailing, preferably in a consulting engineering environment.