The Process / Product Metallurgist will have technical account responsibility for, primarily, ETFH’s aerospace customers. The incumbent will report to the Technical Director.
Job responsibilities will include
- customer order contract review and new business metallurgical review for aerospace product to support Sales
- liaison with die design engineering in the creation and maintenance of manufacturing processes that meet all aspects of customer specifications and purchase order requirements
- process development for new product introduction (NPI)
- maintenance, including change control, for existing process
- BOM and job routing creation and maintenance in Syteline (ERP system)
- product qualification, testing and report generation
- disposition of non-conforming product
- participation in process improvement and cost reduction initiatives
- interaction with customers on technical projects and issues.
Our ideal candidate will have a bachelor's inMetallurgy, Metallurgical Engineering, or Material Science and ideally, a minimum of five years of related aerospace experience. Other skills and abilities include, but are not limited to:
- Excellent computer skills with ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Syteline (or other ERP type systems), Sharepoint and Eurotherm software a plus.
- Able to interpret customer specifications and purchase order agreements/requirements.
- Provide technical support to sales during the quoting process including any technical documents required.
- Prepare MET reviews, manufacturing plans, and any related documents.
- Support manufacturing and certs department with documentation requirements including: report forms, heat treat furnace charts, drawings, works instructions etc.
- Involved in the development and revision of Quality Standards.
- Participate in general process improvements and initiatives.
- Understanding and knowledge of basic forging principles.