PUBG Corp. is the developer and publisher of the blockbuster Battle Royale video game, PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS (PUBG). Since its release, PUBG has received worldwide acclaim, selling tens of millions of copies and winning multiple game awards worldwide. Headquartered in Korea, PUBG Corp. has operational offices globally across North America, Europe, Japan, China, and South East Asia.
Located in Santa Monica, the Central Publishing group is responsible for defining the long-term brand strategy, brand identity and global marketing integration that ensures consistency in messaging across all player touch points. The newly created role of Product Marketing Manager will play a critical role balancing the brand and marketing strategies while collaborating across multiple internal teams to ensure alignment with development schedules and regional marketing needs.
The right candidate has experience working in the games industry and possesses a background in product marketing, digital marketing and brand strategy. The right candidate thrives in a dynamic, global environment and has a passion for leading global product marketing efforts.
This role will be based in Santa Monica and will require up to 10% travel.
- Contribute to creating an organizational culture that celebrates our fans and puts our community at the forefront of our business decisions
- Work closely with functional teams in publishing, development, creative services and esports to develop the strategic product and brand marketing plan for the PUBG PC and console business
- Lead collaboration across regional teams to ensure long-term engagement strategies are meeting the needs of our local marketing teams
- Use performance data, including sales and in-game data, to identify opportunities and create marketing strategies/tactics to drive positive results
- Support product planning efforts to ensure teams have the necessary support to maximize the exposure and impact of PUBG marketing
- Support cross-company product marketing discussions, ensuring activations are consistent with the brand strategy and communication road map
- 6 years of experience in a product marketing or brand management role
- Application of critical thinking and analysis to projects and workflow
- Experience working with AAA gaming franchises, preference given for candidates with a background in Games as a Service and/or games with deep post sale monetization capabilities a plus
- Possess excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills, while maintaining an ability to always stay focused on the work at hand
- Highly organized with excellent time-management skills
- A working understanding of the PUBG IP and franchise required, gamers with experience playing the franchise preferred
- Live and breathe our Core Values: Fans Come First; Obsession for Quality; Challenge, Learn and Win; Together, Open-minded
- Korean language skills a plus, but not required
- Competitive compensation
- 100% family coverage of medical, dental, vision insurance
- Unlimited time off for all employees
- 401K match, covered life insurance
- Subsidized gym membership
- Tasty catered lunches and fully stocked kitchen
- Free parking in Santa Monica!
- Gaming industry incentive trip after your first year paid for by the company
- Lots of PUBG Swag including Loot Box drops, free PUBG play on Steam & monthly PUBG company rumbles
- Team outings and happy hours throughout the year