Dray Alliance is a venture-backed company on a mission to transform the trucking and logistics industry, starting with drayage. Our technology simplifies the antiquated process of moving containers across short distances, with focus on port and rail moves. We are on an exciting journey to modernize the logistics and trucking industry, and we are looking for humble, analytical, and passionate people to join us.
Our company is expanding at a rapid pace and we’re searching for an exceptional Senior Accounting Manager / Controller to support our growth. He or she will be responsible for monthly and annual financial and operating reports, build and lead a team of AR/AP specialists and bookkeepers, and drive consistency in our payables and receivables process.
Who You Are
- Analytical and Organized | You are a proven Controller or Senior Accounting Manager with a masterful grasp of accounting principles. You pride yourself on expertise and organization, and you always pay attention to the details and fine print.
- Calm and Measured | It is hard to ruffle your feathers. When faced with tight deadlines and urgent requests, you swiftly execute and deliver the goods. Where others feel overwhelmed, you are inclined to plan, roll-up-your-sleeves, and get it done.
- Thoughtful and Humble | You are introspective and thoughtful about your work. Experience has not only equipped you with legit accounting chops, it has also made you humble and empathetic. It takes a village to build a company, and you are excited to contribute at the highest level or on the front lines.
- Be the primary owner of our team’s accounting practice, including but not limited to: general ledger accounting, revenue, cost, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and tax compliance
- Reconcile and generate monthly and annual financial reports for business unit and executive team review
- Work with senior leadership on budgeting, financial planning, and forecasting
- Assist in data gathering, developing financial metrics, and setting milestones
- Hire, train, and lead a team of skilled AR/AP specialists and bookkeepers
- Develop and implement scalable processes to shorten the conversion cycle and expedite collections
- Continuously assess, improve, and streamline internal accounting processes to drive efficiencies
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Finance or Accounting (Preferred: minimum 2 years in a senior leadership role)
- Masterful understanding of GAAP and accounting principles
- High degree of comfort with Excel, financial modeling, and various accounting software (e.g. Quickbooks)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting / Finance
- Eligibility to work in the US
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, growth-oriented environment
- Professional experience in tech, transportation, or logistics oriented fields
- Big 4 experience a plus
- Competitive Salary + Equity
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Flexible vacations and holidays
- Be involved with shaping our organization from the ground up