Senior Associate/Project Manager
California Institute for Behavioral Health Solutions, LOS ANGELES CA
California Institute of Behavioral Health Solutions is recruiting for a Senior Associate, Project Manager to work with Los Angeles county and Los Angeles county substance use service providers to improve service delivery and implement administrative systems that are consistent with Drug Medical Waiver standards and procedures. This is an opportunity to work with county administration and direct service provider staff to improve their systems of care.
Successful candidates will possess demonstrated collaborative project management/process improvement experience and an understanding of the Safety Net/Medi-Cal, mental health/substance abuse and social service systems. Established relationships with behavioral health and substance use providers and county departments strongly preferred. Professional experience/training in business operations, process improvement and/or project management a plus. Candidate should reside in Los Angeles county. Candidate will work from their home office 50% and in the field 50% (throughout Los Angeles county).
- Work with county Substance Use Disorder (SUD) and Behavioral Health managers to plan, coordinate and conduct change project activities for SUD providers in developing quality staffing and operational infrastructure to meet DMC-ODS Waiver administrative, fiscal and clinical requirements. Such activities may include program development, on site coaching, planning for training events, workshops and webinars.
- Partner effectively with provider organizations to identify improvement opportunities, as well as to define specific goals and action plans. Additionally, the Candidate must be able to develop strong, collaborative relationships with county regulatory and community- based organizations to define quality-oriented objectives.
- Develop written materials and tool kits that support training materials.
- Provide coaching and support to SUD providers in their work to meet DMC-ODS waiver standards, (remotely and on site) with an emphasis on quality measures.
- Proactively manage projects by using critical project management skills including but not limited to:
i. project planning (charter/scope development, delineation of project requirements, etc.)
ii. identifying project tasks and skills/knowledge for assignment of task to project team members
iii. project team recruitment and management
iv. managing timelines for project tasks, including problem solving as challenges and barriers are experienced
v. reporting, ensuring goals are tracked and met, and effectively coordinating activities with project teams.
- Identify and collaborate with subject matter experts.
- Complete projects independently or with appropriate staff as identified by the Director.
- Oversee participant support, orientation and other collateral materials as well as on-going participant communications.
- Executes complex assignments where individual judgment is required in to resolve problems and make strategic recommendations.
- Exercise independent judgment when developing workplans, reports and stakeholder communications.
- Demonstrates sense of urgency, initiative, responsiveness.
- Attends meetings and learning sessions.
- May coach organizations at learning sessions and during action periods.
- Dissemination of communication to key stakeholders
· Bachelor's/Master’s degree in business, public health administration a plus.
· Formal training or demonstrated experience in project management/process improvement and or change management methodology.
· At least two (2) years-experience in a leadership position.
· At least four (4) years-experience in process improvement and/or project management.
· Ability to manage project data, evaluate results, and use information to identify solutions.
· Experience working with specialty health care providers, addiction treatment/behavioral health, and/or health and human services.
· Experience developing and providing presentations.
· Ability to evaluate health care related data.
· Ability to facilitate and coordinate the work as part of a team as well as independently.
· Ability to maintain confidential information.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with internal and external staff.
· Strong reading comprehension, oral and written skills required.
· Attention to detail.
· Strong skills with Excel, Power-point and MS Office Suite required.