Jobs related to "Battery Managment Engineer (BMS)"
Battery Managment Engineer (BMS)
Volt, Redmond Washington
VOLT’s client is looking for a Battery Management Engineer (BMS)
This is a direct hire position in Coeur d’Alene, ID. This is offered through Volt Workforce Solutions. We are among the largest IT staffing companies in the US for contract/temporary and direct hire placements and support many of the top-rated IT companies in the US!
The Battery Management Engineer will design, develop, and validate Battery Management System software. The Battery Management Engineer shall ensure all software development projects and initiatives are in conformance with organization's policies and objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Adhere to software engineering processes to support efficient and effective high-quality embedded software for the Client.
• Develop and manage embedded software for BMS and EMS applications to meet cost, timing, and performance targets.
• Review, approve, and modify production software designs.
• Lead Systems Architecture for BMS initiatives.
• Direct system engineering responsibilities with a global team.
• Develop next generation BMS technology to meet the needs of safety and efficiency of high voltage batteries for commercial and industrial ESS applications.
• Create and implement a thermal management strategy for the battery system (heating and cooling) using BMS coding strategies.
• Support product development plans to include schedules, product costs, and meeting design inputs.
• Execute and oversee onsite and supplier testing.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Engineering degree
• Solid understanding of CAN to Modbus /TCP/IP or RTU communication strategy in Master/Slave applications
• Minimum of 5 to 10 years in relevant industries, leading engineering projects
• 5 years of experience in battery management product design
• Experience with software technology development and product developments
• System analysis tools such as Fault Tree, FMEA, FMEDA and software certifications
• Knowledge of high voltage battery system and BMS
• Familiarization of EMS development
• Knowledge of System Development Process
• Functional safety and cybersecurity skills
• Previous experience in a technical leadership or team management role.
• Ability to write software code by using C/C++ coding language.
• Ability to be a team member and to communicate with peers.
Please note the following:
- This is a W2 position.
- Direct inquiries only.
- No 3rd party submittals please.
- This position is not available for Corp-to-Corp.
- This position is not available for Associate Vendors.
How to Apply: Click on the Apply button to apply for this job.
Our Recruiter will initiate a phone call to you and give you immediate consideration should your resume meet the job requirements. Please rest assured that if your resume matches what is reflected in this job posting, you should receive a phone call from a Volt Recruiter to discuss this position with you. Volt has a talented and optimistic staffing team focused on the quality of your career.
Volt has over 60 years of staffing experience. We work with many of the Fortune 500 and 1000 companies to provide workforce solutions. We offer many direct hire full-time positions as well as many contingent/temporary positions. We offer our Workers competitive pay and benefits, as well as educational programs and re-deployment assistance.
To learn more about Volt, please visit: http://www.volt.com and to see more of our job postings, please visit: http://jobs.volt.com
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.