The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for executing preventative maintenance tasks as assigned and to maximize uptime of the facility equipment. The individual works with the Maintenance team, Production, Quality and other departments to ensure equipment is maintained so as to be available for processing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Uses Lock Out Tag Out procedures to ensure the safety of self as well as team when working on equipment that is carries energy (Electrical, Mechanical, Potential, Air Pressure etc.)
- Executes work orders and prioritizes work to ensure plant is running effectively
- Works on preventative maintenance schedule and provides feedback to the maintenance manager to update the schedule to ensure we continuously improve the maintenance of the equipment.
- Performs electrical work related to operational needs
- Perform mechanical work related to operational needs
- Trains others and/or provided feedback on breakdown root cause so as to prevent reoccurrence.
- Works with team members to expedite unplanned breakdown.
- Order parts as needed to ensure parts inventory is maintained at specified levels when using parts from inventory.
- Ensures all tools are accounted for after a job has been completed.
- Ensures proper communication takes place with, Production, Quality and sanitation so ensure a clean and sanitary surface is maintained after work has been completed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work in a cold environment
- Ability to work with motors, gear boxes, bearings, gears, conveyors, VFFS Baggers, Horizontal Baggers etc.
- Ability to execute against projects and equipment breakdown
- Ability to stand long periods of time, bend, squat, lift over 50 lbs
- Ability to work with and repair all equipment in the processing room
Education and Experience:
- Maintenance Mechanic for minimum of 2 years
- Experience with Electrical wiring