Therapeutic Alternatives, Inc., Star NC
Assist in the overall cleaning of an Assisted Living Community to assure that residents are provided with an uncluttered and orderly environment while assuring cleanliness and a sanitation grade of 90 and above at all times.
- General cleaning of entire community to include floors, furniture, vacuuming and dusting, bathroom facilities, laundry facilities, baseboards, door facings and walls to insure an uncluttered and orderly manner and a sanitation grade of 90 or above at all times.
- Place appropriate warning signs in all areas where floors are being cleaned to assure safety of all residents, visitors and employees at all times.
- Maintain supplies of soap, paper towels and tissue in appropriate areas.
- Empty and clean all trash cans regularly as needed.
- Elimination of unpleasant odors at all times.
- Take inventory and purchase chemical and housekeeping supplies so as to operate within the facility budget according to administrative policy.
- Assure purchase receipts are signed and kept on file for ED/Administrator.
- Help maintain the self-respect, personal dignity and physical safety of each resident.
- Work cooperatively with all other staff and relate favorably to residents and their families.
- Be familiar with confidentiality of resident information and adhere to requirements.
- Be familiar with and able to apply all the home's accident, fire safety, OSHA and emergency standards.
- Be familiar with the Adult Care Home Residents' Bill of Rights and assist residents with exercising these rights.
- Assure careful treatment of Adult Care Home equipment and utilization of supplies.
- Be responsible for reading and adhering to all Adult Care Home and employee policies.
- Participate in job-related continuing education as required by home policy.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Assure that all cleaning supplies are kept locked when not in use and the cleaning supplies are supervised when in use.
- Must be able to read, write, understand and follow directions.
- Must be able to Lift, Push, or Pull minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must have no substantiated findings on the NC Personnel Registry or Health Care Program.
- Must have a clear SBI and DMV record and maintain them during period of employment.
- Must have a two-step tuberculin skin test (first test prior to hire and second test within two weeks of first test).