Goodwill of Southern Nevada, Las Vegas NV
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Sales Associate assists the Store Management Team in the overall operations of the store to maximize collections, production, sales, salvage and customer service. These functions are to be achieved by following the core values:
- People are our strength, and we treat them with dignity and courtesy at all times.
- We exceed our customers' expectations.
- We measure ourselves only against the best.
- We do what we say we will do every time.
- We embrace innovation.
- We are a team.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: The Sales Associate receives supervision from the Store Management
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: The Sales Associate has no direct supervision of other team members.
The essential functions of this position are being reviewed today. Please initial in the box that you have read, understood and can perform the essential functions required. If you cannot perform the functions listed, please circle your initials to indicate that you have read and understood the item; however, you may require assistance to perform that function. Your departmental Director and Human Resources will review the items to ensure that your performance is measured effectively.
The Sales Associate's responsibilities and empirical goals are:
- Ensure that quality customer service is presented and provided in a timely and courteous manner to all customers, donors and other employees.
- Maximize sales performance through proper presentation of merchandise.
- Adhere to proper cash handling policies and procedures.
- Must always be in compliance with dress code policy.
- Work assigned department straightening, cleaning, stocking, and pulling goods daily.
- Handle minor customer complaints and concerns in an effective manner.
- Any other assignments designated by management team.
- Ensure that store and surrounding premises are kept clean and free of safety hazards, and that safety procedures are understood and followed by all store employees.
Policies and Procedures
- Ensure compliance with all GWSN policies provided in the Team Member Goodwill Guidebook, GII standards, and safety and security regulations.
- Adhere to all GWSN Retail Manuals, handbooks, policies and procedures.
- Minimum of 1 year of retail experience or excellent cash handling experience.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills through command of the English language in order to work with customers and employees.
- Must exhibit a high level of integrity and business ethics.
- Requires a high level of adaptability and flexibility.
- No record or disclosure of criminal conviction within 7 years from date of application that indicates a tendency towards theft, violence, dishonesty, deceit, drug manufacture or sale, moral turpitude, or predatory behavior.
- Must provide proof of identification and eligibility to work in the United States of America.
- Must pass a drug screening test.
- Must meet qualitative and quantitative performance standards as established by the company.
- Must be fluent in English; bilingual a plus.
- Lift/Carry: Medium up to 50 pounds.
- Push/Pull: Carts through the store up to 100 pounds.
- Position is generally standing or walking. Some bending, kneeling and lifting is required when dealing with merchandise or donations.
- Work at times can be conducted in an outdoors environment where no cooling or heating will be available. Exposure to heat, cold, dust and sometimes humidity is a possibility.
STANDARDS FOR MEASURING PERFORMANCE:
The Sales Associate's performance will be measured on the following:
- The manner in which he/she reflects the standards of the agency's core values.
- Adherence to all cash management policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated level of job proficiency and knowledge.
- Overall cleanliness and presentation of store and merchandise.
- Providing a friendly customer service shopping environment in the store.