The eCommerce Quality Assurance Tester will be responsible for authoring and executing test cases for our global eCommerce platform initiatives.
As a member of the eCommerce team, this person will be involved in quality planning early in the design and requirements gathering process with a focus on testability and boundary/exception flows. This person should have a strong understanding of the eCommerce environment and understand the core elements of QA for online retail.
The eCommerce Quality Assurance tester will work with the Project Managers, Product Owners, Developers, Merchandisers, Marketers, QA team members, QA Manager, and the Director of eCommerce Technology to ensure all technologies are tested across operating system, browser and form factors and working as designed.
- Partner with site operations, development, and user experience teams to understand desired functionality and create test cases for validating customer experience across browsers and operating systems.
- Utilize a test case management tool (e.g., Qmetry, Zephyr, Testrail, etc.) to capture and execute all test cases and test suites.
- Create and monitor status dashboards for test case execution and provide to cross-functional teams to monitor the overall health of our production sites.
- Report defects clearly in the JIRA defect tracking system.
- Advocate for QA techniques and philosophies to be integrated into other business unit areas to improve downstream QA testing.
- Provide quality stop gate and advise technical/functional teams on readiness of code to push to production.
- Perform test case execution in the context of an Agile development iteration.
- Review and analyze system specifications to determine best approach to testing.
- Design testing strategies and test cases to achieve optimal test coverage.
- Partner with QA Automation engineers to assist with the design and execution of automated tests.
- Provide guidance to other testers on how to best plan, write, execute, and report on test cases.
- Serve as a team lead to plan and coordinate test design, execution, and reporting.
- Lead the QA team for one or multiple small to mid sized projects
- Work with the QA lead or project managers to produce QA reports
- Partner with QA Automation engineers to identify areas in which test cases can be automated, and strategies for implementation of the same.
- Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) in one or more of our various systems, to ensure best practices and overall quality meet company standards. This could include but is not limited to business analysis, promotion/campaign management, reporting, merchandising, and the general business and technical management of a large eCommerce site.
- Take on duties for release management and build activities. Coordinate activities for scheduled code releases. This includes working with development staff on their code commits and ensuring the quality of builds and having clean deployments.
Specific Job Skills
- Author and execute test cases and suites as part of regular production release cadence.
- Experience with building regression and smoke testing suites.
- Strong written and communication skills with attention to detail.
- Strong familiarity with web technologies, browsers, operating systems, and mobile devices.
- Ability to review functional/technical specifications with a focus on testability and quality improvements.
- Passion for aligning quality goals to business goals.
- Proven success working collaboratively within cross-functional and distributed teams based on strong team spirit, solid work ethic and good communication skills.
Bachelor’s Degree, or related relevant work experience.
5+ years of Quality Assurance testing experience for web environments, or 2+ years of significant level subject matter expertise in an ecommerce environment, and 2+ years serving in a lead role.