CCSWW, Seattle WA
The Bridge Shelter Program provides 24/7 enhanced shelter and related services for adults experiencing homelessness. Referrals to the program come from King County Coordinated Entry. Participants are typically people who been identified as high needs adults who are eligible for supportive permanent housing. Many clients have chronic and acute mental illness, active addiction issues, and/or trauma. This is a low-barrier, harm reduction program. Janitors are responsible for maintaining the overall cleanliness of the facility, assisting with light maintenance issues, and fostering a team environment among shelter staff and volunteers.
Responsible for cleaning building common areas and units during turnover. Seek to provide tenants with a safe, positive and sanitary living environment.
This is an on-call position. Pay range is $16.00-$16.96/hour DOQ.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform routine scheduled cleaning duties: sweep, mop, and wash walls. Clean bathrooms, food serving area and other common areas to building standards.
- Stock supplies.
- Prepare vacant units for occupancy.
- Maintain clean exterior of building.
- Assist building maintenance staff and maintenance vendors as needed.
- Remove garbage and recycling from floors and secure in dumpsters. Wash trash cans.
- Regularly lift and carry supplies, donations, furnishing, etc.
- Perform other janitorial duties as assigned.
- Provide crisis intervention, and refer participants in crisis to appropriate staff on site.
- Assist Advocacy staff members in floor checks as needed.
- Model interpersonal and living skills for clients.
- Enforce building and program rules including bar policy.
- Observe/follow guidelines on confidentiality rights of residents and respect their privacy.
- Alert management staff to issues/concerns regarding building or residents that are observed in the course of performing duties.
- Maintain cooperative relationship with businesses in the surrounding neighborhood.
- Contribute to the mission of Catholic Community Services
- Contribute to and support a positive, team-oriented work environment.
- This position requires the employee to work in an environment where there may be exposure to blood, bodily fluid, and other potentially infectious material. Other exposures could include cleaning supplies, chemicals, involved in pest control, paint and other materials used in building temperature fluctuations, dust, noise, and odors.
Physical and Mental Acuity Demands:
The requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to walk,
- Able to understand and apply janitorial instructions and manuals.
- Able to observe safety rules.
- Able to climb ladders and work in high places.
- Able to walk, kneel, climb, stand, crouch, stoop, reach, pull, and other related activities associated with janitorial work.
- Able to regularly lift and carry up to 20 pounds and occasionally 40 pounds.
- Able to occasionally lift up to 100 pounds together with a team member.
- Able to hand write legibly.
- Able to work independently and as a team member.
- Able to perform tasks requirement manual dexterity.
- Regularly able to perform duties assigned.
- Able to see well enough to identify cleaning needs and complete to acceptable standards.
Minimum Qualifications: (Qualifications which applicants must possess to be considered for the position.)
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to safely use cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Ability to work independently.
- Commitment to developing and safekeeping a workplace that values and supports a culturally diverse work environment.
- Ability to regular lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to work within the mission, goals and objectives of Catholic Community Services and Catholic Housing Services.
- Commitment to harm reduction program model.