Goodwill Industries of the Valleys, Roanoke VA
Goodwill currently has an opening for a SEASONAL Sales Associate at one of the retail locations. The Sales Associate is responsible for processing and hanging of goods, and register sales.
- Greet donor vehicle courteously and unload donated goods with care
- Issue receipts to donors as requested
- Assist with the initial separation and delivery of donated materials to Sorting, Grading and/or Hanging Workstation.
- Assist in loading and unloading of donated goods from vehicles as needed
- Accurately conduct sales transactions and maintain cash and credit card control by following proper procedures regarding voids, refunds, checks, credit cards, etc.
- Give excellent customer service
- Display work habits of regular attendance, punctuality, teamwork, initiative, willingness to learn, dependability and promptness.
- Operate cash register and check out customers
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred. One year of experience in a related field preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to read, interpret and analyze documents relating to store operations and sales.
- May frequently be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Previous cash register experience
- Sales Associates are rewarded with a bonus every month the store reaches its revenue goal for that month.
Goodwill offers a competitive salary and benefits for full time employees such as medical, dental, vision, life, retirement, educational reimbursement, EAP, STD, LTD, and PTO. We offer retirement and EAP benefits for part time employees.
“Helping people and families in our communities achieve a better life through work and independence.”
Goodwill is an equal employment/affirmative action employer.