Home Health Aide
Loretto Management Corporation, N. Syracuse NY
SIGN ON BONUS UP TO $2,000!!!!
Home Health Aides are certified paraprofessional workers who are prepared to assist the sick or disabled and maintain the physical and emotional comfort of an individual in their “home” setting.
They provide services as part of and according to the client’s care plan and are supervised by professional health workers. Their primary function is the care of the client and they provide services as part of and according to the client’s care plan and are supervised by professional health workers. Their primary function is care of the client, and they provide light duty environmental services as time and the care plan permit.
- Able to read, write, speak the English language and follow written directions.
- Able to demonstrate completion of medication training requirements -able to pass medication competency tests including a written exam and Medication Administration Test/Cart Quiz.
- Able to work under supervision, know limits of job description, and learn skills as required. Participates in at least 12 hours of in-service education per year to maintain certification.
- Able to understand and carry out directions and instructions; ability to report changes in client’s condition and other pertinent information.
- Able to accurately record information and maintain basic records.
- Possess the emotional and mental maturity and stability to care for the frail elderly and other disabled or compromised clients in their “home” environment; ability to deal tactfully with clients, families, other support persons and members of the health care team.
- Able to follow guidelines established by Loretto’s Customer Service as presented at Loretto Orientation.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, organize work tasks and carry out ongoing care plan.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- 10. Possess training or certification from an approved Home Health Aide Training program or have the capability to take and pass Certified Home Health Aide Certification through the American Red Cross or other approved program.
- Ability to be flexible in regards to clients care needs.
- Able to work scheduled hours and adhere to union established guidelines.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must be capable of approved employment status on DOH Homecare Registry and approval by the DOH CHRC background check