Jobs related to "Data Engineer"
WHO WE'RE SNIFFIN' FOR:
As a Data Engineer at BARK, you will help design, build and grow systems for ingesting and processing data that drives decisions for our cross functional teams. You will work closely with our data analysts and data scientists and ensure the pipelines and datasets are secure, scalable, correct and complete.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Design, create and maintain reliable data pipelines
- Implement solutions required for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from various internal and external data sources such as Databases, APIs, SFTP, S3, etc.
- Identify and improve existing processes with considerations to automation, accuracy, security and content delivery.
- Interpret and visualize data, identify issues & complexities, translate nuances to production quality code, and report key findings to inform the direction of projects
- 2+ years' experience writing readable, modular, production quality Python code to handle varied and complex data
- 2+ years’ experience writing SQL; Redshift or Postgres preferred
- Experience with Workload Management Systems, such as Airflow or Luigi
- Experience in business intelligence tools such as Periscope, Looker or Tableau
- Moderate knowledge of AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Familiarity with Kubernetes & Docker
- Moderate grasp of bash / Linux
- Proficient in using Git
- Creative problem solver who focuses on improving business and product
The Data Engineer need not possess these skills on Day 1, but would be encouraged to grow into many of these areas over time, and recognized as an especially strong applicant if any of these points were already met:
- Knowledge of Machine Learning concepts, applications, and libraries, particularly recommender systems, NLP, classification and clustering techniques
- Startup experience at an internet-based company
- Entrepreneurial attitude - self-starter
- Love of dogs