YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago, Lac du Flambeau WI
Under the direct supervision of the Camp Maintenance & Facility Manager or Assistant Manager, is responsible for all-purpose housekeeping duties related to sleeping quarters and restrooms. Be the lead in turning around sleeping quarters for new customers. Perform job according to standards set forth by the camp, YMCA of Metro Chicago – Facility Dept., County and State.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Put customer needs first; ensures camp is accessible in all seasons and clean
- Thoroughly clean all sleeping quarters, cabins and restrooms as assigned; particularly focusing on detailed cleaning between rental groups. In some cases, cabins may include kitchen facilities similar to what can be found in a regular home.
- Keep cleaning supplies organized and stocked
- Basic laundry as related to maintenance needs
- Basic upkeep work not to exceed skills required of typical homeowner (replace light bulbs, plunge toilets, replace batteries)
- Follow all safety procedures as trained
- Maintain all cleaning & sanitation standards (except for food service)
- Other duties as assigned
Child Abuse Prevention:
Supports the commitment of the YMCA to child abuse prevention by:
- Report any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to your supervisor.
- Follow all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to the monitoring and supervision of children.
- Report any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and procedures to your supervisor.
- Complete all child abuse prevention training as required.
Commitment to Inclusion:
Supports the YMCA’s commitment to inclusion of all members as required by Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Job responsibilities may include implementing program modifications for persons with cognitive, behavioral or physical disabilities, including but not limited to the injection of medical glucagon to members with Type 1 diabetes in emergency situations. Appropriate training and development will be provided to YMCA team members based on your role and responsibilities.
- Must have HS diploma or GED. Must be 18 years old.
- Previous work experience preferred
- Must have ability to clean
- Must have average written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to maintain positive relationships with all customers from point of contact
- Must be able to stand on feet for extended period of time; walk stairs; lift up to 50lbs
Be Part of Our Mission
The mission of the YMCA of Metro Chicago is to develop strong children, families and communities across Metropolitan Chicago through academic readiness, character development, violence prevention, fitness and healthy living. Our network of 19 membership centers, five camps, early learning, school-aged and other programs at 100+ sites in the city and suburbs provides everyone with a safe place to learn, play and grow. In this role, you'll be an integral part of ensuring the YMCA continues to be a leader in making our city a world-class place to live and raise a family. So you're not just impacting a bottom line, you're impacting people and communities all over Chicagoland.