- Determine and define project scope and objectives including the performance of any field walkdowns necessary to define the scope.
- Predict resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner.
- Work with Estimator to prepare budget based on scope of work and resource requirements.
- Track project costs in order to meet budget.
- Manage a detailed project schedule and work plan.
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress.
- Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables.
- Utilize BP and industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution.
- Monitor progress and make any necessary adjustments as needed.
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement.
- Manage work independently with no project administrative or project controls support staff.
- BS or MS degree in an engineering field.
- Minimum of 5 years of project management experience.
- Professional Engineering (PE) registration is preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is preferred.
- Project experience with mechanical scope including piping, fixed equipment, and rotating equipment.
- Ability to work outdoors in a chemical plant environment including climbing stairs.
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively.
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices.
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful.
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline.