As a Manager, Industrial Engineering for Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We actively look for prospects who:
• Are passionate about client success.
• Enjoy collaborating with others.
• Strive to exceed expectations.
• Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions.
An innovative and ambitious Manager who can lead the Industrial Engineering strategy and continuous improvement initiatives for our Delivery, Returns, Fulfillment and Crossborder facilities. A successful candidate is a high performer who has engineering experience in automation, work measurement, continuous improvement, warehouse optimization and consolidation efforts, project management, facility design and implementation, and facility enhancement strategies.
• Develop continuous improvement initiatives including evaluation of current operations, data analysis and implementation of recommended solutions
• Responsible for working with vendors, real estates, project management, technology, and strategy on multiple projects simultaneously including automation, new building designs, new building launches, system enhancement requirements, and cost savings initiatives
• Evaluate current business processes and future needs to streamline operations and foster sustainable growth
• Development of facility layout and design for new and existing facilities including vendor selection, ROI analysis, and implementations. Provide analysis to ensure optimum ROI’s are achieved
• Monitor, analyze and recommend ways to improve productivity, service, cost performance and waste reduction in all areas of operations
• Develop capacity requirements for current and future Crossborder operations and design/implement solutions to support capacity needs
• Formally implement 5S methodologies across the facilities with the management team, focusing on business priorities, efficiency improvement initiatives and the scope of work identified through the planning and design phase
• Design the requirements and work with the BI and data analysis team to develop reporting and new dashboards to ensure productivity, quality and operational KPI’s are tracked and monitored as operational changes and improvements are made. Providing analysis to ensure optimum ROI’s are achieved
• Assist with the deployment of lean warehousing initiatives at the facility level, which includes the rollout of progress boards, metrics boards and employee production standards
• Develop engineered labor standards to drive a performance and quality culture within the operations
• Participate and assist with organizing Kaizen Events, which will include coordinating efforts at a facility level
• You know your way around a warehouse
• Ability to manage and prioritize projects
• You are passionate about the inner-workings of successful eCommerce operations
• You rely on data to validate assumptions and make key decisions
• You’re a constant optimist that motivates and excites the people around you
• You have a strong sense of ownership and take pride in the quality of the work that you deliver
• You have a proven record of accomplishment of building strong working relationships with business partners and peers
• You embrace an ever-changing environment as a means to continuously create innovation across Commerce Services
• And most of all, you’re highly motived to work with a team of passionate peers to build long term sustainable and profitable operations that will drive a network that supports speed to end consumer, facility capacity and flexibility
As a Manager, Industrial Engineering, you have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field
• Minimum 5 years industrial engineering or continuous improvement experience within the parcel or 3PL fulfillment industry
• 1-3 years’ experience in facility design, MHE design, automation engineering preferred
• Strong analytical skills and structured problem-solving skills
• Expert in MS Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and AutoCAD
• Demonstrates superior leadership skills that drive organization toward the achievement of high performance standards
• Provides strong thought leadership
• Strong sense of urgency and the ability to embrace and maximize a changing landscape
• Excels in an innovative and collaborative environment
• Extensive process knowledge, planning abilities, problem solving, and organizational skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent communication, presentation, and analytical skills
• Must be a team player with a strong work ethic, as well as excellent people and organizational skills.
• Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
• Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
• Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
• Offer comprehensive benefits globally (pbprojectliving.com)
Pitney Bowes Commerce Services business is the fastest growing business unit at Pitney Bowes. Our full suite of domestic and cross-border solutions help businesses of all sizes conduct commerce to Sell Farther, Ship Greater, and Completely OverdeliverTM. As the global leader in cross-border ecommerce, we manage the end-to-end international journey for more than 300 retailers, direct merchants and online marketplaces worldwide. Our end-to-end value also includes industry-leading capabilities in fulfillment, shipping, and returns. These solutions are enabled by cloud-based innovation and powerful analytics tools. We’ve unlocked the secret to shipping that sells - helping our clients fulfill their brand promise with an out of box experience you have to see to believe, returns so smart, they have their own zip code.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.