Senior Production Capacity Planner
If you offer capacity planning experience using Syteline ERP, ver. 8.0 or 9.0, within a make-to-order (MTO) manufacturing facility, you may be interested in this Senior Production Capacity Planner job position. Location is Gardena, California.
Top Reasons to Work with this Employer?
- Successful designer and manufacturer of custom architectural systems
- Collaborative and diverse organization with strong employee culture
- Small company that offers opportunity for career grown and long-term stability
What’s in it for you as a Capacity Planner?
- Opportunity to lead and contribute your ideas and knowledge in a clean, safe and quality driven environment
- Drive continuous improvement and customer satisfaction, while maintaining a sound work/life balance
- Opportunity to challenge your skills, expand your knowledge and lay the foundation for future growth within the organization
What will you will be doing as a Capacity Planner?
- Schedule and coordinate workflow within or between departments of the manufacturing plant to ensure production schedule is met
- Manage all customer demands are level-loaded into the ERP system according to agreed-upon schedule between sales, supply chain, and operations
- Ability to communicate changes in supply or demand to all parties, and drive manufacturing to meet demands
- Analyze capacity and utilize capacity analysis tools to ensure adequate personnel and equipment is allocated according to forward-looking capacity plans
- Generate forecasts out 12 months to align supply, demand, and plant capacity with financial long-range plans
- Confer with department supervisors to determine ERP work progress matches actual progress.
- Lead the creation of recovery schedules in the event of schedule slips
- Coordinate availability and/or capability of personnel, parts, material, machines, and equipment
- Confer with department supervisors to determine progress of work and to provide information on changes in processing methods received engineering department
- Answer ERP exceptions messages
- Track and implement process improvements/lessons and learned changes; a minimum of one per month
- Operate in compliance with established POC AS9100 quality procedures and processes
What you will to be successful in this position as a Capacity Planner?
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or 7 years of industry experience in lieu of degree
- 5-12 years’ experience in production control role
- Experience with capacity analysis tools
- 3+ years’ experience with Syteline ERP system required and either version 8 or 9, with an overall 6+ years of ERP experience within capacity planning within a manufacturing company
- Experience in make-to-order (MTO) manufacturing of products; orders are customized to customer needs before production begins
- Effective leadership skills that include motivating and developing teams and individuals
- Effective organization skills to set priorities and meet deadlines as required
- Detail-oriented to ensure accurate data and reporting
- Strong analytical and communications skills, both written and verbal
- Able to collaborate with others and work as a team
- Able to thoroughly understand company product line of architectural products and systems
- Lean manufacturing experience is a plus
- Ability to ensure safety and quality
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications, including MS Project and PowerPoint
Send resume to Jackie Davis for review at [email protected]
To view additional openings visit www.careertransitionsllc.com