QUALITY SUPERVISOR - INSPECTION (days)
PEAK Technical Staffing USA, Burbank California
Responsible for supervising site inspection processes in line with AS9100, Nadcap, customer, regulatory, and internal requirements. Requires a thorough knowledge of Quality Assurance/Control processes, and a background in Non-Destructive Testing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Must exercise knowledge to perform a variety of job duties relating to the execution of quality inspection through managing inspectors and NDT Technicians, potentially including, but not limited to:
- Manage receiving inspection, in-process inspection, final inspection, first article inspection, and delegated inspection.
- Manage NDT process technicians, including X-Ray, Liquid Penetrant, and Proof/Pressure testing
- Manage destructive testing and process control testing supporting heat treat and chemical processing.
- Manage product identification.
- Perform internal audits and associated corrective action for customers, regulators and registrars.
- Manage, drive, and execute work center performance to plan, including, but not limited to:
- Hour by hour completions
- Prioritization of customer priorities
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively with personnel, customers, auditors and regulators when communicating information.
- Process capital expenditures for inspection equipment and equipment for special processing.
- Manage work schedules, attendance, overtime, and performance of assigned work team(s),
- Follow all company policies and procedure.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- BS Degree in an Engineering discipline required with a minimum of 5 years manufacturing experience, or a combination of education and 10 years of experience.
- Experience with Nadcap certified processes
- Experience with GEMBA process and continuous improvement methodologies.
- Working knowledge of up-to-date inspection and control methodologies such as PFMEA, PPAP, and APQP.
- Proficiency with inspection processes, CMM and PCMM, blueprint reading, GD&T, and interpretation of material and process procedures and specifications.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedures, and manuals in. Ability to effectively present information, make presentations to large groups, and respond effectively and timely communications from management, suppliers, peers, and customers.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to manage datasets and perform quality engineering and inspection calculations, including yields, ratios, PPM defects, six sigma score. Working knowledge of statistical process control and variation management.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have experience in MRP systems and a high level of proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, and the ability to manage and effectively report on large data sets.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual must also have knowledge of quality data sets such as cost of quality, nonconformance trends, scrap and rework reports, and supplier performance evaluations and trends, and the ability to use data sets to prioritize and lead improvement projects internally and at suppliers.