Jobs related to "Environmental Engineer"
Volt, Brooklyn New York
This job is no longer available.
Energy Company seeking an immediate hire for Environmental Engineer in Brooklyn, NY.
- Ensures compliance with applicable regulations including USEPA, USCG, NYSDEC, NYC DEP and FDNY
- Undertakes activities to verify and improve environmental compliance
- Prepares regulatory filings, reports, and submittals
- Conducts inspections and identifies potential environmental risks and hazards and manages opportunities for continuous improvement
- Manages capital and O&M projects
- Interfaces directly with all federal, state and local regulatory entities
- Works with members of other internal teams and external parties on ongoing matters and projects as needed
- Performs emergency response activities as required including but not limited to oil/chemical spill response
Education & Skills:
- Four-year engineering degree and a demonstrated track record in environmental auditing, due diligence, and regulatory compliance are required
- A minimum of 3 (prefer 5) years relevant experience is also required for this position.
- Candidate must have demonstrated knowledge of environmental laws and regulations, such as CAA, CWA, RCRA, CERCLA, and OPA90, with good project management and communication skills.
- The candidate must be able to work overtime and extended hours including emergency calls in during off hours.
- Ability to deal with complex environmental issues is required.
- Candidate must be a self-starter with a high degree of initiative and ability to work independently.
- The candidate must be comfortable working in various settings including office, laboratory, outside in all seasons and all elements, in a boiler room during all conditions. This requirement includes sitting, standing, walking for long periods of time as well as climbing, working at heights, and carrying loads of up to 50 lbs.
- Successful applicants must also pass respirator physical/fit test. A valid driver's license is required.
Volt is an equal employment opportunity employer.