This position is responsible for performing assigned and varied tasks supporting the manufacturing department with the testing, calibration and processing of precision electro-optical devices for analytical analysis of process gas applications.
This position performs all tasks under supervision.
The work is routine with some special assignments or tasks.
- Calibrate laser-based gas analyzers and properly maintain test records.
- Perform alignment of precision optical systems.
- Perform troubleshooting and repair of microprocessors based electronics.
- Perform initial functional testing of both in-process and completed products.
- Operate electrical and optical test equipment, including meters, scopes, and computer controlled testing.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair test failures and recommend root cause corrective action.
- Complete R&D testing tasks under the direction of Engineering.
- Position, align and locate parts in relationship to each other in jigs and fixtures.
- Assemble multi-level electro-mechanical sub-assemblies into complex assemblies using a variety of hand tools.
- Make entries into shop floor MRP control systems
- Follow ERP and workshop travelers for material flow.
- Safely use compressed gasses including cylinder setup and operation on a daily basis
- Ensure that a safe work environment and safe work practices are maintained at all times
- This intermediate position requires the knowledge of and application of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures in testing, calibration and processing of precision electro-optical gas analyzers
- 2-3 years of professional experience, with Associates degree or professional certification in technical or engineering field preferred
- Must have the ability to set-up and use basic hand tools and test fixtures.
- Must have the ability to assemble and align precision optics, requiring good manual dexterity.
- Must have the ability to solder and rework both SMT and though hole circuit card assemblies and harnesses.
- Familiar with set up and operation of digital meters and oscilloscopes.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret Engineering drawings, schematics, and technical documentation (plumbing, mechanical, electrical, and gas flow).
- Must be able to follow verbal and written work instructions and work through problems should they arise
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must follow all safety procedures and maintain a safe working environment.
- Strong communication skills to interface with engineers and production operators.
- A team player who has the ability to work well with others in a fast paced, changing manufacturing environment
- Must be well-organized, self-motivated, and possess a strong work ethic
- Knowledge and experience in failure analysis methods preferred.
- Additional hands on experience with spectroscopy, lasers, test automation, LabVIEW and programming would be a plus.
- Must be able to adhere to a firm work schedule, with the ability to work overtime if necessary