Food and Nutrition Cook FT Jobs
Food and Nutrition Manager (CDM)
Monroe Rehabilitation Center, LLC, Monroe North Carolina
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Coordinates the total operation of the Food and Nutrition Department. Manages food service operations and coordinates nutritional services for residents and patients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Recruits, hires, provides orientation/training, and retains a sufficient number of qualified staff per assigned Budget to carry out the responsibilities of the Food and Nutrition Department. Ensures employee performance meets or exceeds expectations and periodic performance appraisals are conducted on a timely basis.
• Supervises preparation and service of planned menus, nourishments, and supplements, per company policies and procedures and within state and federal guidelines.
• Ensures food is received, stored, prepared, held and served per company policies and procedures within state, local and federal guidelines.
• Inspects nutritional department regularly to ensure that it is safe and sanitary.
• Purchases food, supplements and supplies per assigned budgets and through company approved distribution sources.
• Ensures quality assurance processes are followed in preparation of food.
• Maintains financial records in accurate and timely manner.
• Participates in the clinical patient assessment, development and implementation of the nutritional plan of care for residents and patients.
• Visits residents to do initial nutritional screening obtaining food preferences to promote quality food service.
• Assists with nutritional education for residents, patients, families, and caregivers.
• Works with Dietary Consultant to achieve quality food service.
• Performs other tasks as necessary and appropriate when assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Must have current and active Certified Dietary Manager certification as approved by the Dietary Managers Association.
• One (1) year supervised food service experience in an institutional setting focusing on planning, preparing and servicing regular and therapeutic diets.
• May be filled by a Registered Dietitian.
• Must meet state-specific requirements.
Supervises the food service staff and others for whom they are administratively or professionally responsible.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENT
Working in institutional kitchen environment, employee may be required to sit, bend, stoop, see, talk and hear. May occasionally lift or move items of up to 50 pounds. In compliance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Participates in (or conducts) company-sponsored training to safeguard against improper use and disclosure of resident’s protected health information. Monitors and ensures compliance with company policies, procedures and state and federal law. By his / her signature below, employee agrees to adhere to and oversee communication of privacy guidelines relative to the confidentiality of residents' protected health information.
Licenses & CertificationsRequired
- Certified Diet Mgr
- Registered Dietician